Raising the Revstar Standard
Comfortably curved Revstar body
The Revstar’s curvy lines and classic aesthetics are said to be inspired by the utilitarian British Café racer motorbikes found in 1960s-era London, adding a tough no-frills attitude to these sleek guitars. The unique double-cut chambered body was developed using Yamaha’s Acoustic Design process to optimize the Revstar’s balance, deliver a resonant tone, and reduce weight. One strum of the RSS20 is all it takes to see how Yamaha’s research paid off: the Revstar’s body is a supremely comfortable design that showcases Yamaha’s steadfast dedication to musical innovation!
Yamaha VH5 humbucking pickups for an articulate, powerful, and well-balanced tone
Yamaha spent a lot of time fine-tuning the pickups in the Revstar series — they tested over 50 prototypes before settling on the perfect combination of wire, windings, magnets, and baseplates for each guitar model in the series. The VH5 humbuckers in the RSS20 Revstar employ Alnico V magnets, a silver baseplate, and heavy formvar wire. This gives the RSS20 a bright and powerful sound that blends the richness and character of vintage electronics with the intensity and clarity of modern electronics.
Bring your sound into focus
Yamaha’s Revstar line already introduced their clarity-boosting “Dry” switch, and the RSS20 offers another distinct tonal feature to stand out from the crowd: the “Focus” switch. This dual-purpose push-pull switch adjusts the resonant frequency of your guitar’s tone and kicks up the power. When testing it out at Irvine Art & Music, we found that it’s an incredibly versatile feature that’s just as good at achieving “rolled off” jazz tones as it is for boosting your amp into overdrive territory.
Yamaha Revstar Standard RSS20 Electric Guitar Features:
- Ultra-comfortable and lightweight chambered mahogany body with a maple top
- 3-piece carbon-reinforced mahogany set neck with double-cutaway offers incredible upper fret access
- Yamaha VH5 humbucking pickups produce a rich and bright tone that excels in almost any sonic application
- “Focus” switch shifts your tone’s resonant frequency and amps up your power
- Jumbo stainless steel frets are highly resistant to wear
- Highly playable 12-inch fingerboard radius
- Rock-solid Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody, chambered
- Body ShapeRevstar Standard
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
Color Sunset Burst / Hot Merlot / Vintage White / Swift Blue / Flash Green / Black
- Neck Material3-piece Mahogany
- Neck ShapeRevstar
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Lines
- Number of Frets22, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length24.75"
- Nut Width1.649"
- Nut MaterialPPS
- Bridge/TailpieceTune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Neck PickupVH5n Alnico V Humbucker
- Bridge PickupVH5b Alnico V Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull focus switch)
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:RSS20