A Stunning Update on a Modern Classic: Yamaha Revstar Professional RSP20 Electric Guitar
The Yamaha Revstar Professional RSP20 is the pinnacle of the Revstar series and is skillfully crafted in Yamaha's renowned Japanese factory to showcase the full potential of this guitar. Its maple-topped double-cut body is made of chambered mahogany, which is lightweight and equipped with two Yamaha VH5 pickups that deliver bright and punchy tones suitable for any sonic application. The neck is made of carbon-reinforced mahogany, ensuring it will stay straight and true even in challenging environments. Yamaha also equipped this guitar with their exclusive “Focus” switch that adjusts the resonant frequency of your guitar's tone and boosts the power of your pickups. If you're searching for a guitar with explosive tones, rock-solid playability, and sleek modern aesthetics, your search ends with the RSP20.
Comfortably Curved Revstar Body The Revstar's curves and classic aesthetics are influenced by the utilitarian British Café racer motorbikes found in 1960s-era London, giving these sleek guitars a tough no-frills attitude. The unique double-cut chambered body was developed using Yamaha's Acoustic Design process to optimize the Revstar's balance, deliver a resonant tone, and reduce weight. The Revstar's body is an exceedingly comfortable design that exhibits Yamaha's unwavering dedication to musical innovation.
Yamaha VH5 Humbucking Pickups for Articulate, Powerful, and Well-Balanced Tone Yamaha fine-tuned the pickups in the Revstar series and tested over 50 prototypes before determining the perfect combination of wire, windings, magnets, and baseplates for each guitar model in the series. The VH5 humbuckers in the RSP20 Revstar employ Alnico V magnets, a silver baseplate, and heavy formvar wire. This gives the RSP20 a bright and potent sound that blends the richness and character of vintage electronics with the intensity and clarity of modern electronics.
Bring Your Sound into Focus Yamaha's Revstar line already introduced their clarity-boosting "Dry" switch, and the RSP20 offers another distinct tonal feature to stand out from the crowd: the "Focus" switch. This dual-purpose push-pull switch adjusts the resonant frequency of your guitar's tone and boosts the power. This versatile feature can achieve "rolled-off" jazz tones as well as boost your amp into overdrive territory. Experience the RSP20 at Irvine Art & Music and see for yourself how it can elevate your sound.
Yamaha Revstar Professional RSP20 Electric Guitar Features:
- Crafted in Yamaha’s top-of-the-line Japanese factory
- Ultra-comfortable and lightweight chambered mahogany body with a maple top
- 3-piece carbon-reinforced mahogany set neck with double-cutaway offers incredible upper fret access
- Yamaha VH5 humbucking pickups produce a rich and bright tone that excels in almost any sonic application
- “Focus” switch shifts your tone’s resonant frequency and amps up your power
- Jumbo stainless steel frets are highly resistant to wear
- Highly playable 12-inch fingerboard radius
- Rock-solid Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody, chambered
- Body ShapeRevstar Professional
- Body Material2-piece Mahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Color Sunset Burst
- Neck Material3-piece Mahogay
- Neck ShapeRevstar
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewod
- Fingerboard InlayPearloid Lines
- Number of Frets22, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length24.75"
- Nut Width1.649"
- Nut MaterialPPS
- Bridge/TailpieceTune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Neck PickupVH5n Alnico V Humbucker
- Bridge PickupVH5b Alnico V Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull focus switch)
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:RSP20