A Stunning Update on a Modern Classic
Yamaha’s Revstar Element RSE20 is an update of the original Revstar series of guitars, refined to offer improved comfort and even more striking visuals! This curvy double-cut’s lightweight chambered mahogany body is loaded with two Yamaha Alnico V humbuckers that deliver a versatile tonal palette with a rich midrange punch. Need a way to cut through a dense mix? Irvine Art & Music guitarists find that the Revstar’s high-pass “Dry” switch has much of the same articulation-boosting qualities of a good coil-split — but without any hum. If you’re looking for a high-performance, no-nonsense axe with explosive tones, rock-solid playability, and sleek modern aesthetics, you'll be in your element with the Yamaha Revstar Element RSE20.
Comfortably curved Revstar body
The Revstar’s curvy lines and classic aesthetics are said to be inspired by the utilitarian British Café racer motorbikes found in 1960s-era London, adding a tough no-frills attitude to these sleek guitars. The unique double-cut chambered body was developed using Yamaha’s Acoustic Design process to optimize the Revstar’s balance, deliver a resonant tone, and reduce weight. One strum of the RSE20 is all it takes to see how Yamaha’s research paid off: the Revstar’s body is a supremely comfortable design that showcases Yamaha’s steadfast dedication to musical innovation!
Punchy Alnico V pickups
A pair of Yamaha’s Alnico V humbucking pickups equips the RSE20 with a versatile tonal palette, perfect for both decidedly modern high-gain tones, classic grit, and everything in between! The RSE20’s dual humbuckers, set-neck design, and mahogany body form a classic combo, boasting boatloads of sustain with a pronounced boost in the mid frequencies.
Turn up the clarity with Yamaha's “Dry” switch
When creating the Revstar, Yamaha were inspired to create something fresh and distinct. So, instead of including a coil-split, the RSE20 sports a high-pass push-pull “Dry” switch. This switch is purposely built to kick up your RSE20’s definition by tightening up your low end and sharpening your trebles. Just like a traditional coil-split, this drastically increases clarity and cutting power — but without any of the hum associated with a single-coil pickup!
Yamaha Revstar Element RSE20 Electric Guitar Features:
- Ultra-comfortable and lightweight chambered mahogany body
- Mahogany set neck with double-cutaway offers incredible upper fret access
- 2 Dual Alnico V humbucking pickups produce a classic full-range humbucker punch with a rich midrange
- Yamaha push-pull high-pass “Dry” switch tightens up your low-end and treble for increased sonic clarity
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody chambered
- Body ShapeRevstar Element
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
Color Swift Blue / Black / Neon Yellow / Vintage White / Red Copper
- Neck Material3-piece Mahogany
- Neck ShapeRevstar
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets22, Jumbo
- Scale Length24.75"
- Nut Width1.649"
- Nut MaterialPPS
- Bridge/TailpieceAdjustable Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Neck PickupVH3n Alnico V Humbucker
- Bridge PickupVH3b Alnico V Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull dry switch)
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch
- StringsElixir, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagSold Separately
- Manufacturer Part Number: RSE20