A Great A/E for Modern Singer/Songwriters
Yamaha’s original Nippon Gakki Red Label acoustic guitars are prized for a reason — they sound amazing! The Yamaha Red Label FGX3 harkens back to those sought-after instruments but is tweaked for modern performance. Experience maximum resonance and tone, thanks to solid tonewoods that have been enhanced via Yamaha’s A.R.E. wood torrefication process. Enjoy a louder, more balanced tone, by virtue of updated scalloped bracing. You’ll also benefit from stellar plugged-in tone, courtesy of Atmosfeel electronics. The Red Label FGX3 includes a classic V-shaped headstock and eye-catching semi-gloss finish.
Captures the essence of Yamaha’s iconic Red Label guitars
Inspired by Yamaha’s iconic Nippon Gakki Red Label guitars from the 1960s, FG Red Label instruments call to mind the look and feel of the company’s very first steel-string acoustic guitars. These sought-after instruments are cherished for their one-of-a-kind sound and high-end Japanese craftsmanship. Teeming with beautiful vintage aesthetics, the FG Red Label series enables you to experience the very essence of these legendary instruments, thanks to Yamaha’s state-of-the-art wood conditioning techniques and true-to-life vintage sound. All FG Red Label guitars feature classic V-shaped headstocks with Yamaha’s tuning fork logos, solid tonewoods, updated scalloped bracing, and eye-catching semi-gloss finishes. The guitarists at Irvine Art & Music are excited about the FG Red Label series — it more than lives up to the legendary instruments that inspired it.
Innovative construction yields a better guitar
The great tone and smooth playability of the Red Label FGX3 are enhanced by Yamaha's A.R.E. (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) wood torrefaction, which gives your guitar a broken-in and aged tone. By controlling the atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity, the molecular properties of the wood are manipulated to mirror those of a guitar that has been played for years. Each FG Red Label series guitar also features a modified and updated scalloped bracing pattern that exhibits a louder, more balanced tone.
Solid spruce top for great tone
The choice of top wood can powerfully affect the sound of an acoustic guitar. For the Red Label FGX3, Yamaha chose a premium solid Sitka spruce top. Chosen as much for its look as its tone, the top has a well-rounded, articulate sound with excellent projection — and its tone is only made better by Yamaha's A.R.E. wood torrefaction process. The guitar's solid mahogany back and sides provide exceptional bass and powerful punch, and they simply look great.
Atmosfeel electronics ensure first-rate plugged-in tone
The Red Label FGX3 is equipped with Yamaha’s Atmosfeel pickup and preamp system. This innovative system lends a natural, three-dimensional sound to your guitar via a 3-way sensor setup. A piezo under-saddle sensor picks up sound where the strings meet the bridge, while an internal microphone captures the guitar’s internal resonance and a sheet sensor picks up vibrations from its soundboard. A Mic Blend knob enables you to blend the mic signal with the piezo. A Bass EQ knob controls a peaking EQ — the center frequency raises when boosting and lowers when attenuating. You also get a Master Volume control.
Yamaha Red Label FGX3 Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Captures the essence of Yamaha’s iconic Nippon Gakki Red Label guitars from the 1960s
- Solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides provide rich tone and projection
- Solid mahogany back and sides provide exceptional bass and powerful punch
- Traditional Western body style provides fantastic projection
- A.R.E. process "ages" the wood molecules to match the tone of naturally aged guitars
- Atmosfeel electronics lend a natural, three-dimensional sound via a 3-way sensor setup
- Updated scalloped bracing pattern exhibits a louder, more balanced tone
- Classic V-shaped headstock with Yamaha’s tuning fork logo
- Eye-catching semi-gloss finish
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Solid Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Modified Scalloping
- Neck Wood:African Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25"
- Tuning Machines:Gotoh Open-gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Urea/Urea
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:Elixir Nanoweb 80/20
- Case Included:Softshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:FGX3