The Yamaha MODX8+ is the largest keyboard in the MODX+ series, boasting 88 semi-weighted keys and an incredible amount of power and sonic versatility. Whether you're a music producer or sound designer, this synthesizer is a dream come true. With its fully programmable 8-operator FM-X engine, the MODX8+ delivers an enormous range of sounds limited only by your imagination.
The MODX8+ synthesizer features a synth-action keyboard that is specifically designed to stimulate creativity and emotive performance. With much of its technology borrowed from the top-of-the-line Yamaha MONTAGE synth line, the MODX8+ combines the ingenious AMW2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) engine with the sublime synthesis of FM-X (Frequency Modulation) to offer a limitless cosmos of creative possibilities. What's more, the MODX8+ has double the polyphony of the original MODX8, allowing for even more complex and layered sounds.
The MODX8+ synthesizer is available at Irvine Art & Music and is designed to inspire awe and bring your musical ideas to life. Whether you're looking to unlock a world of sound or create unique textures with evolving effects, the MODX8+ has you covered.
With its cutting-edge AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) engine and FM-X (Frequency Modulation) synth architecture, the MODX8+ delivers sounds that are exclusive to Yamaha synthesizers. The AWM2 engine boasts 16 parts, with eight programmable synthesizers apiece. Each of these contains 18 filter types, amplitude, pitch, and filter envelope generators, a 3-band EQ, nine LFOs, and a dedicated dual insert effect featuring Virtual Circuit Modeling for stunningly realistic sound reproduction.
The 8-operator FM-X architecture of the MODX8+ takes the legendary Yamaha DX7 to the next level, offering classic '80s or modern EDM synth tonality with superb fidelity, dynamic range, and power. With Smart Morph, you can transition between up to eight FM-X sounds via the touchscreen or Super Knob, using cutting-edge A.I. algorithms and interacting morphing maps. The resulting combination of the AWM2 and FM-X engines offers a profound plethora of gorgeous sounds, begging to be blended and manipulated into something entirely new.
- 88-note weighted-action keybed, for a familiar feel to pianists
- Motion Control Synthesis unifies and controls AWM2 and FM-X sound engines
- 256 notes total polyphony (128 AWM2 + 128 FM-X)
- 1.75GB internal Flash memory
- Super Knob controls multiple parameters simultaneously
- Send 10 and receive four audio channels, plus 16 channels of MIDI, via a single USB cable
- Live Sets allow Performance organization without copying, changing order or renaming
- Four-part seamless sound switching—change Performances while holding notes without sound or effect cutoff
- Motion Sequences drive synthesizer parameters through rhythmic control data you can interact with in real-time
- Keys: 88
- Keybed: Weighted action
- Polyphony: 256 notes (128 AWM2 + 128 FM-X)
- Internal Flash memory: 1.75GB
- Weight: 30.4 lb.