A Premium Acoustic-electric Guitar from Yamaha
Innovative construction yields a better guitar
The great tone and smooth playability of the LL16M are enhanced by Yamaha's A.R.E. (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) wood torrefaction, which gives your guitar a broken-in and aged tone. By controlling the atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity, the molecular properties of the wood are manipulated to mirror those of a guitar that has been played for years. Each L Series guitar also features modified non-scalloped bracing that enhances the guitar's low end. And the 5-ply mahogany/rosewood neck, after a revaluation of string height and spacing, presents a new design for improved playability.
Hand-selected spruce top for great tone
Irvine Art & Music knows that the choice of top wood can powerfully affect the sound of an acoustic guitar. For the LL16M, Yamaha chose a premium, hand-selected solid Engelmann spruce top. Chosen as much for its look as its tone, the top has a well-rounded, articulate sound with excellent projection — and its tone is only made better by Yamaha's A.R.E. wood torrefaction process. The guitar's solid mahogany back and sides provide exceptional bass and powerful punch, and they simply look great.
A full-range passive pickup system
Yamaha's SRT Zero Impact pickup was designed to deliver a faithful reproduction of the LL16M's natural, dynamic sound. They also designed it to be inconspicuous in terms of its impact on the guitar's looks and tone. The passive design doesn't use a bulky preamp that's routed into the body, detracting from the instrument's looks and resonance. Instead, each string has its own piezoelectric element, yielding a full and accurate sound. There is one important point to remember: because this is a passive pickup system, you'll need to use an external preamp when plugging in the Yamaha LL16M.
Yamaha LL16M Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Innovative guitar design gives you an amazing-playing and great-sounding instrument
- Hand-selected solid Engelmann spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides provide rich tone and projection
- A.R.E. process "ages" the wood molecules to match the tone of naturally aged guitars
- 5-ply mahogany/rosewood neck has been redesigned for today's guitar player
- Updated non-scalloped bracing pattern delivers a fuller low end
- Passive SRT Zero Impact pickup uses individual piezo elements for each string
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Original Jumbo
- Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Top Wood:Solid Engelmann Spruce with A.R.E. treatment
- Back & Sides Wood:Solid Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Non-scalloped
- Neck Wood:5-ply Mahogany/Rosewood
- Neck Shape:Traditional
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Die-cast Gold tuners
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Urea
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Electronics:SRT Zero Impact pickup
- Strings:Elixir, .012-.052
- Case Included:Softshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:LL16MHB