A Premium Acoustic-electric Guitar From Yamaha
Yamaha's LL16D acoustic-electric guitar brings premium materials and craftsmanship together with intricate abalone inlays for a great-sounding and eye-catching guitar. Continuing in the legacy of Yamaha's L Series, the LL16D sports a hand-selected, solid Engelmann spruce top and solid rosewood back and sides for a rich, warm sound. An ultra-stable 5-ply mahogany/rosewood neck and ebony fretboard are smooth and sleek. The slimmer neck shape and an enhanced fingerboard edge gives the LL16D a feel and playability you'll love. A passive SRT Zero Impact Pickup uses six separate elements to detect each string and give you authentic plugged-in tones. The Yamaha LL16D gives amazing playability and killer tone in a premium acoustic-electric guitar.
The great tone and smooth playability of the LL16D are due to Yamaha's never-ending search for perfection. The recently developed A.R.E. (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) process gives your guitar a broken-in and aged tone. By controlling the atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity, the molecular properties of the wood are manipulated to mirror those of a guitar that has been played for years. Each L Series guitar also sports a modified non-scalloped bracing that enhances the guitars low end. And the 5-ply mahogany/rosewood neck, after re-evaluation of string height and spacing, has a new design for improved playability. The Yamaha LL16D utilizes newly developed advances in guitar construction to bring you an amazingly playable and great-sounding instrument.Hand-selected Spruce top for great tone
Irvine Art & Music knows that the choice of top wood can have a strong effect the sound of an acoustic guitar. For the LL16D, Yamaha chose a premium, hand-selected solid Engelmann spruce top. Chosen as much for its look as its tone, solid spruce has a well-rounded, articulate sound with excellent projection. Its rosewood back and sides provide exceptional bass and powerful projection. And because it's a solid-wood top, the tone will age gracefully, with enhanced harmonics and greater tonal balance as the years go by.A full-range passive pickup system
The passive SRT Zero Impact Pickup was designed by Yamaha to deliver a faithful reproduction of the LL16D's natural, dynamic sound. It was also designed to minimize the impact on the guitars looks and tone. The passive design doesn't use a bulky preamp that's routed into the body to hamper the instrument's look or resonance. Each string has its own piezoelectric element for a full-sounding and accurate sound. Because this is a passive pickup system, you'll need to use an external preamp when you want to plug in the Yamaha LL16D.
Yamaha LL16D Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Innovative guitar design gives you an amazing-playing and sounding instrument
- Hand-selected solid Engelmann spruce top with and solid rosewood back and sides provide rich tone and projection
- Intricate abalone inlay on the body and rosette
- A.R.E. process molecularly "ages" the wood to match guitars that have been played for years
- 5-ply mahogany/rosewood neck has been redesigned for today's guitar player
- Updated non-scalloped bracing pattern delivers a fuller low-end
- Passive SRT Zero Impact pickup uses individual piezo elements for each string
- Hardshell case included
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Jumbo
- Body Style:No Cutaway
- Top Wood:Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Solid Rosewood
- Neck Wood:5-Piece Mahogany/Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Abalone Snowflakes
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Die-cast Gold
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Urea/Urea
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Electronics:Passive SRT Zero Impact pickup
- Strings:Elixir, .012-.052
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:LL16RDHC