Solid-top Handmade Acoustic-electric with Vintage Vibe and a Big Voice
Modern audio engineering with vintage style
While the Yamaha A5R has a traditional western body cutaway, its lows and highs resonate even more fully than those generated by conventional designs, thanks to new scalloped top bracing and shorter back board bracing. These modifications allow the top and back to resonate more naturally and with greater volume in the low-mid ranges. The western cutaway gives it a classic look, but an all-new brace design definitely brings the Yamaha A5R into the twenty-first century — and the Irvine Art & Music showroom!
Quality woods plus innovation equal brilliant sound
Sitka spruce is highly valued for guitar tops — and for good reason. This select grade of stiff but elastic softwood is equally suited to aggressive strumming, flatpicking, and even fingerpicking styles of play. The Yamaha A5R features a solid Sitka top treated at high heat to remove moisture and volatiles (the A.R.E. process), resulting in greater stability and a beautiful aged color. The A5R solid rosewood back and sides also produce warm, balanced tones from low to high, and the ebony fingerboard and bridge provide additional responsiveness. This is a guitar that looks, plays, and sounds great!
Studio sound onstage
Normally you can best hear a guitar's subtle nuances when it's miked in the studio; but the A5R has Yamaha's SRT2 pickup system, which brings those wonderful acoustic sounds to the stage. With blend control, you can balance the output from the under-bridge piezo with the characteristics of either a Neumann U 67 large-diaphragm condenser or a Royer R-122 active ribbon microphone, creating your own unique tone with natural clarity.
Yamaha A5R Features:
- 6-string acoustic-electric with traditional western cutaway in cool vintage natural finish
- Solid Sitka spruce top and solid rosewood back and sides for bright, warm tone
- A.R.E. wood torrefaction provides greater stability and attractive aged color
- SRT2 system allows you to blend between piezo and SRT2 preamp signals for a personalized sound
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought Cutaway
- Color:Vintage Natural
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce with A.R.E. treatment
- Back & Sides Wood:Solid Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Scalloped Bracing
- Neck Wood:African Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Straight Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony, rolled edges
- Fingerboard Inlay:Snowflakes
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.6"
- Tuning Machines:Gotoh chrome open gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Tusq
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Electronics:System 71 SRT2 preamp with SRT piezo pickup
- Strings:Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:A5R VN