Solid-top Acoustic-electric with Vintage Vibe and a Big Voice
Modern audio engineering with vintage style
The Yamaha A1M Dreadnought has a traditional western body cutaway, allowing its lows and highs to resonate fully and project well through its circular soundhole. The western cutaway gives it a classic look, and because it offers better access to the upper frets, soloing is easier, as you can reach higher treble notes more comfortably. Irvine Art & Music fingerstyle players love that!
Quality woods plus classic design equal brilliant sound
Sitka spruce is highly valued for guitar tops — and for good reason. This select grade of stiff but elastic softwood is equally suited to aggressive strumming, flatpicking, and even fingerpicking styles of play. The Yamaha A1M Dreadnought features a solid Sitka top with mahogany back and sides, producing warm, balanced tones from low to high. This guitar looks, plays and sounds great.
Studio sound onstage
Normally you can best hear a guitar's subtle nuances when it's miked in the studio, but the Yamaha A1M Dreadnought has Yamaha's SRT pickup, which brings those wonderful acoustic sounds to the stage. Further customization is provided through the AMF midrange frequency adjustment on the preamp control panel.
Yamaha A1M Dreadnought Features:
- 6-string acoustic-electric with traditional western cutaway
- Solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides for bright, warm tone
- SRT pickup brings studio quality sound to the performance stage
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Color:Vintage Natural
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Scalloped bracing
- Neck Wood:3-piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Die-cast chrome
- Bridge Material:Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material:Urea/Urea
- Nut Width:1.692"
- Electronics:SRT system preamp with undersaddle pickup
- Strings:Elixir, .011-.052
- Manufacturer Part Number:A1M VN