Unmistakable Vintage Tone. Cutting-edge Design.
T-style tone courtesy of Suhr single-coils
Strandberg is all about bringing the past into the future, pairing their cutting-edge Sälen body design with vintage-inspired pickups for the Classic NX. A pair of Custom Suhr Classic T single-coils in the neck and bridge deliver classic Tele tone complete with that coveted spank and twang. These Classic Ts are wound around Alnico V magnets with vintage cloth-braided wire and dialed in for warm, punchy tone with a bit of growl as well as clean, snappy highs and mids — the "bread and butter" sound for country and rockabilly, but suited for just about any genre. And with a 3-way pickup selector and master volume and tone controls, you can dial in any sound just how you like.
One-of-a-kind headless design
The Sälen Classic NX's headless design removes mass from the headstock for lower weight and improved balance, so you can play marathon sets in total comfort. On the other end, Strandberg's custom bridge hardware makes an important contribution to the tone of the instrument. Made of lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum, the EGS Series 7 bridge's tight component coupling ensures that all the strings' vibrations are optimally transferred to the tonewoods.
EndurNeck profile and bolt-on design for comfort and playability
At first glance, Strandberg's acclaimed EndurNeck profile is sure to draw a few questions with its unique shape. Here at Irvine Art & Music, guitarists will all tell you the same thing: the EndurNeck feels even better than it looks. The carbon fiber-reinforced neck sports a rear-shafted trapezoid shape, possessing incredible comfort and noticeable stability. Almost magically, you will feel your grip significantly relax when playing an EndurNeck, leading to longer playing times and fewer injuries. The Sälen Classic NX's bolt-on construction, paired with a deep single-cut design, offers easy access to the upper register for increased playability and a more focused punch — a welcome feature uncommon for many other bolt-on guitars.
Multi-scale birdseye maple fingerboard
The Sälen Classic NX's beautifully figured birdseye maple fingerboard is more than just a feast for the eyes — its multi-scale configuration assigns each string a unique scale length, allowing low strings to intonate better at high tension and making high-string bends a breeze. Not to mention, its 24 jumbo frets are made from stainless steel — a player-favorite fret material for its incredible resistance to wear over time.
Strandberg Sälen Classic NX Electric Guitar Features:
- Classic T-style design optimized for today's players
- Solid swamp ash body lays a punchy and full tonal foundation
- Quartersawn maple neck with Strandberg's patented EndurNeck trapezoid design offers stellar playability and response
- Pair of Custom Suhr Classic T single-coils in the neck and bridge positions are engineered to deliver that classic T-style tone
- Multi-scale birdseye maple fingerboard for better intonation and easier bends
- 24 Jescar stainless steel frets
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeSalen Classic
- Body MaterialSwamp Ash
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorButterscotch Blonde
- Neck MaterialQuatersawn Maple
- Neck ShapeEndurNeck
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialBirdseye Maple
- Fingerboard InlayIlluminlay Offset Dots
- Number of Frets24, Jescar Stainless Steel
- Scale Length25"-25.5", Multi-scale
- Nut Width1.653"
- Nut MaterialPlastic
- Bridge/TailpieceStrandberg EGS 7
- sTunersStrandberg EGS 7
- Neck PickupSuhr Classic T Chrome Single-coil
- Bridge PickupSuhr Classic T Black Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addaio, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:SL6CT-21C-M-S-TB