The "NeXt" Evolution of Strandberg's Flagship Boden
Sweet-sounding tonewoods of the highest quality
Before you even plug in, strum a few chords and pick through a few licks on the Boden Original NX 7. The resulting sound is nothing short of stellar, courtesy of high-performing tonewoods delivering the perfect combination of phenomenal organic tone, ergonomic design, and effortless playability. To achieve just that, the Boden Original NX 7 starts with a swamp ash body topped with maple, pumping out laser-focused sounds with good sustain and resonance. Snappy maple was chosen for the neck, outfitted with carbon fiber reinforcement rods for long-lasting durability that stands up to the drastic temperature and humidity changes commonly experienced when touring. Rounding out these top-tier tonewoods is a smooth-as-glass bird's-eye maple fingerboard, guaranteed to send your fretting hand from head(less) to heel in no time.
Optimized with superb Fishman Fluence pickups
To give the Boden Original NX 7 its distinct sound, Strandberg equipped it with a pair of highly coveted Fishman Fluence pickups. Fishman Fluence Modern 7 active humbuckers reside in both the bridge and neck positions. This duo is capable of everything from dirt-tinged cleans and vintage crunch to full-on sonic destruction and more. Best of all, each pickup provides you with the choice of two unique, selectable voices: the Modern Alnico equips you with options for a modern active humbucker and a unique wide-range humbucker; meanwhile, tight bass, crisp highs, and a touch of growl come courtesy of the Modern Ceramic humbucker. Whatever sonic flavor you require, the Boden Original NX 7's Fishman Fluence pickups are a surefire way of achieving the results you seek.
Balanced headless design
The Boden Original NX 7's headless design removes mass from the headstock for lower weight and improved balance, so you can play marathon sets in total comfort. On the other end, Strandberg's custom bridge hardware makes an important contribution to the tone of the instrument. Made of lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum, the EGS Rev 7 fixed bridge's tight component coupling ensures that all the strings' vibrations are optimally transferred to the tonewoods.
EndurNeck profile and bolt-on design for comfort and playability
At first glance, Strandberg's acclaimed EndurNeck profile is sure to draw a few questions with its unique shape. Here at Irvine Art & Music, guitarists will all tell you the same thing: the EndurNeck feels even better than it looks. The carbon fiber-reinforced neck sports a rear-shafted trapezoid shape, possessing incredible comfort and noticeable stability. Almost magically, you will feel your grip significantly relax when playing an EndurNeck, leading to longer playing times and fewer injuries. The Boden Original NX 7's bolt-on construction, paired with a deep double-cut design, offers easy access to the upper register for increased playability and a more focused punch — a welcome feature uncommon for many other bolt-on guitars.
Multi-scale bird's-eye maple fingerboard
The fingerboard of a Strandberg is instantly recognizable for its multi-scale configuration that assigns each string a unique scale length. This allows low strings to intonate better at high tension and makes bending high strings a breeze. The Boden Original NX 7's EndurNeck is capped by a 20-inch-radius bird's-eye maple fingerboard with a 25.5–26.25-inch scale length. Not to mention, its 24 jumbo frets are made from stainless steel — a player-favorite fret material for its incredible resistance to wear over time.
Strandberg Boden Original NX 7 Electric Guitar Features:
- The latest and greatest iteration of Strandberg's highly popular Boden model
- Punchy swamp ash body lays a solid tonal foundation
- Solid maple top with a gorgeous flamed maple veneer adds sonic brightness and visual elegance
- Fishman Fluence Modern 7 active humbuckers deliver everything from fire-breathing crunch to sweet-sounding cleans
- EndurNeck profile promotes proper fretting technique and reduces the risk of injury
- Bolt-on construction with double-cut design for easy access to upper frets
- Headless maple neck offers balance and reduced risk of breakage
- Multi-scale bird's-eye maple fingerboard for better intonation and easier bends
- EGS Rev 7 fixed bridge keeps things in tune and sounding great
- 24 Jescar stainless steel frets
- Illuminlay dots ensure your hand placement is always correct on dark stages
- Number of Strings7
- Body TypeSolidbody, Chambered
- Body ShapeBoden Original NX
- Body MaterialSwamp Ash
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishSatin Polyurethane
- ColorGlacier Blue
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeStrandberg EndurNeck
- Neck Joint5-way Bolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialBirdseye Maple
- Fingerboard InlayOffset Illuminlay Dots
- Number of Frets24, Medium Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length25.5"-26.25" Multi-scale
- Nut Width1.732"
- Nut MaterialPlastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece.strandberg EGS Fixed Rev 7 Bridge
- TunersString Locks
- Neck PickupFishman Fluence Modern 7 Alnico Humbucker
- Bridge PickupFishman Fluence Modern 7 Ceramic Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume (push/pull coil-tap), 1 x master tone (push/pull voicing)
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .0095-.064
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:BD7CT-21O-M-Q-BL