The "NeXt" Evolution of Strandberg's Flagship Boden
Sweet-sounding tonewoods of the highest quality
Before you even plug in, strum a few chords and pick through a few licks on the Boden Classic NX 6. The resulting sound is nothing short of stellar, courtesy of high-performing tonewoods delivering the perfect combination of phenomenal organic tone, ergonomic design, and effortless playability. To achieve just that, the Boden Classic NX 6 starts with an alder body, pumping out laser-focused sounds with good sustain and resonance. Snappy maple was chosen for the neck, outfitted with carbon fiber reinforcement rods for long-lasting durability that stands up to the drastic temperature and humidity changes commonly experienced when touring. Rounding out these top-tier tonewoods is a smooth-as-glass maple fingerboard, guaranteed to send your fretting hand from head(less) to heel in no time.
Optimized with superb Suhr pickups
To give the Boden Classic NX 6 its distinct sound, Strandberg equipped it with a trio of highly coveted Suhr pickups. Loaded in the bridge is a Thornbucker+, the signature humbucker of iconic guitarist Pete Thorn. Voiced similarly to a slightly overwound PAF pickup, this ultra-powerful humbucker delivers the full range of rock and metal tones with plenty of versatility for softer styles and genres. Suhr V60LP single-coils reside in the middle and neck positions, reminiscent of beloved vintage pickups complete with clear and chimey highs, warm and full-bodied mids, and beefy lows. Whatever sonic flavor you require, the Boden Classic NX 6's Suhr pickups are a surefire way of achieving the results you seek.
Balanced headless design
The Boden Classic NX 6's headless design removes mass from the headstock for lower weight and improved balance, so you can play marathon sets in total comfort. On the other end, Strandberg's custom bridge hardware makes an important contribution to the tone of the instrument. Made of lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum, the EGS Rev 7 Tremolo bridge's tight component coupling ensures that all the strings' vibrations are optimally transferred to the tonewoods.
EndurNeck profile and bolt-on design for comfort and playability
At first glance, Strandberg's acclaimed EndurNeck profile is sure to draw a few questions with its unique shape. Here at Irvine Art & Music, guitarists will all tell you the same thing: the EndurNeck feels even better than it looks. The carbon fiber-reinforced neck sports a rear-shafted trapezoid shape, possessing incredible comfort and noticeable stability. Almost magically, you will feel your grip significantly relax when playing an EndurNeck, leading to longer playing times and fewer injuries. The Boden Classic NX 6's bolt-on construction, paired with a deep double-cut design, offers easy access to the upper register for increased playability and a more focused punch — a welcome feature uncommon for many other bolt-on guitars.
Multi-scale maple fingerboard
The fingerboard of a Strandberg is instantly recognizable for its multi-scale configuration that assigns each string a unique scale length. This allows low strings to intonate better at high tension and makes bending high strings a breeze. The Boden Classic NX 6's EndurNeck is capped by a 20-inch-radius maple fingerboard with a 25–25.5-inch scale length. Not to mention, its 24 jumbo frets are made from stainless steel — a player-favorite fret material for its incredible resistance to wear over time.
Strandberg Boden Classic NX 6 Electric Guitar Features:
- The latest and greatest iteration of Strandberg's highly popular Boden model
- Punchy alder body lays a solid tonal foundation
- Suhr Thornbucker+ and V60LP single-coils deliver everything from fire-breathing crunch to sweet-sounding cleans
- EndurNeck profile promotes proper fretting technique and reduces the risk of injury
- Bolt-on construction with double-cut design for easy access to upper frets
- Headless maple neck offers balance and reduced risk of breakage
- Multi-scale maple fingerboard for better intonation and easier bends
- EGS Rev 7 Tremolo for expressive warbles and dives
- 24 Jescar stainless steel frets
- Luminlay dots ensure your hand placement is always correct on dark stages
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeBoden Classic NX
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishSatin Polyurethane
- ColorViridian Green
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeStrandberg EndurNeck
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlayOffset Illuminlay Dots
- Number of Frets24, Medium Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length25"-25.5" Multi-scale
- Nut Width1.653"
- Nut MaterialGraphite
- Bridge/Tailpiece.strandberg EGS Tremolo Rev 7
- TunersString Locks
- Neck PickupSuhr V60LP Single-coil
- Middle PickupSuhr V60LP Single-coil
- Bridge PickupSuhr Thornbucker Plus Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:BD6TCT-21C-R-A-VG