The Enhanced PRS Parlor Player
Figured maple and Sitka spruce collide
All great parlor guitars start with great tonewoods, the kind that work with parlor dimensions — not against them. Sitka spruce is an ideal choice for a parlor top. It has bold volume and the kind of dynamic sensitivity that brings acoustic guitars to life. The PRS SE P50’s top also features a premium gloss finish that looks great and is made to last. For the back and sides, PRS chose figured maple. This grain-forward tonewood is a favorite for traditional folk instruments. Figured maple not only looks great but also offers bright, airy tone that quickly blooms and makes the most of the parlor shape. And at each turn, PRS has made sure these tonewoods give you 100 percent from by pairing them with exceptional hardware, including a bone nut, bone saddle, and a hardwood ebony bridge. On the business end, the P50 features a sturdy but comfortable mahogany neck, finished in satin and featuring PRS’ “Pattern Wide Fat” profile for smooth traversing of the ebony fingerboard’s 20 frets.
Custom-voiced Fishman Sonitone electronics
The SE P50 Parlor comes outfitted with a Fishman Sonitone pickup system that’s been custom voiced by PRS. The Sonitone system delivers dynamic, natural amplification through an undersaddle pickup and soundhole-mounted preamp that’s discrete but easy to access. The Sonitone preamp lets you tweak tone to your liking with its individual rotary controls for master volume and tone. And because PRS voiced this version of the Sonitone system themselves, you’re getting electronics tailored specifically to this guitar’s sonic properties, not just a mass-produced pickup dropped in blindly!
Braced for big things
Bracing is critical for acoustic guitars, especially a parlor like the SE P50! Like an amp with an electric guitar, bracing shapes acoustic tone at the critical point — the final point of sound production. Bracing can subtract power from each note you play, or it can naturally channel that energy as it arrives. PRS acoustics do the latter using unique hybrid “X”/classical bracing. This bracing pattern features a traditional soundhole “X” bracing with a classical fan bracing across the lower bout with locked-down sides meant to hold steady as the top vibrates. PRS acoustic bracing lets the top move more freely and reach its natural limits. The result is bold and clear projection with dynamic range and an impressively big sound for such a small-bodied instrument.
PRS SE P50 Parlor Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- An elevated take on PRS’ popular parlor acoustic-electrics
- Sitka spruce top delivers top-notch tone with great volume and responsive dynamics
- Top features a gloss finish with abalone rosette and accents
- Figured maple back and sides deliver bright, airy tone — perfect for folk, fingerpicking, and soft strumming
- Sturdy but comfortable mahogany neck with a satin finish and PRS’ “Pattern Wide Fat” profile
- Ebony fingerboard with PRS Birds inlays and 20 frets
- PRS-voiced Fishman Sonitone pickup delivers exceptional amplified tone onstage and in the studio
- X-bracing/classical hybrid top-bracing maximizes output and projection from this little guitar
- Tone-enhancing hardware including a hardwood ebony bridge, bone nut, bone saddle, and PRS-designed tuners
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Parlor
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Maple
- Body Bracing:PRS Hybrid X/Classical Bracing
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Wide Fat
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:PRS Birds
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.72"
- Tuning Machines:PRS Designed
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Electronics:PRS Voiced Fishman Sonitone
- Case/Gig Bag:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:111030::BG: