Two Decades of Research, 1 Amazing Signature Guitar
David Grissom favors classic tonewoods with a familiar sound, which makes perfect sense given his work with artists like Storyville and John Mellencamp! The PRS SE DGT stays true to his rock roots with a comfortable resonant mahogany body. Mahogany delivers rich, warm tone with strong critical midrange; complementing that is a gorgeous maple body cap for a classic look that adds a touch of brightness and snap.
DGT neck carve
Whether you're playing rhythm or leads, this guitar’s neck carve, the DGT, is your ticket to rock. The DGT carve sits close to PRS’ acclaimed Pattern Regular neck carve, but features modestly enhanced shoulders for a touch more substance than your standard “C” neck. The DGT carve especially improves playability on the lower strings; it's ideal for versatile players, especially those who favor bluesy stylings that demand great playability on all six strings at either end of the neck.
Texas-tinged “S” DGT humbuckers
Taking inspiration from the Lone Star State stomping grounds of David’s career, two onboard “S” DGT humbuckers deliver vintage-inspired, smokey Texas-tinged tone. For the original DGT, David and Paul Reed Smith personally spent a year testing and refining 40-plus pairs of pickups before narrowing the options down to these two masterpieces. “S” pickups like these DGT humbuckers let you benefit from all the R&D that went into the original version, but at a fraction of the cost.
The SE DGT’s pickup controls are extremely customized and gig-ready. You get a master tone knob for each pickup, which makes switching and blending onstage a breeze; meanwhile, a push-pull master tone knob gives instant access to high-quality single-coil tones. The pickup selector is also scooted back behind the bridge, so you’ll never hit it with your strumming hand during a set. It all adds up to more proof that David’s “signature” on the PRS SE DGT is much more than just a rubber stamp.
PRS SE DGT Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Solidbody electric guitar built to the specs of David Grissom
- Modified McCarty-style body made from mahogany delivers rich tone with lasting sustain comfortable body contours
- Beautiful maple top complement mahogany’s depth with a touch of brightness and snap
- Mahogany neck with unique DGT carve — “C” speed and comfort with modest shoulder enhancement for improved grip
- Smooth 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- 2 Texas-voiced DGT “S” humbuckers for vintage-tinged tone
- 2 volume controls, master tone knob with push-pull coil split, and 3-way pickup selector toggle
- Performance-minded hardware including PRS Patented Tremolo and PRS-designed tuners
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeDavid Grissom Doublecut
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialMaple
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Color Gold Top & McCarty Tobacco Sunburst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapeDGT
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPRS Moons
- Number of Frets22, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length25"
- Nut MaterialSynthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Molded Tremolo
- TunersPRS Designed
- Neck PickupPRS DGT "S" Humbucker
- Bridge PickupPRS DGT "S" Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 1 x tone (push/pull coil-tap)
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
- StringsPRS Classic, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
Manufacturer Part Number:111388::GT: & 111348::MT: