Built with Science: the SE Angelus A20E
The PRS SE Angelus A20E features a plethora of fine tonewoods, mostly mahogany, that resonate richly with each strummed chord. A solid mahogany top ensures top-notch projection with focused midrange and articulate depth — great for both fingerpicking and strumming. Laminate mahogany back and sides ensure long-lasting sustain and warmly defined notes, while also keeping this guitar budget friendly! The A20E’s mahogany neck features a silky-smooth gloss finish and PRS’ “Pattern Wide Fat” profile for a beefy but ergonomic feel. And an ebony fingerboard with 20 frets ensures angelic playability up and down the neck, with extra upper-fret access courtesy of the A20E’s body cutaway. At each turn, PRS has made sure you get maximum tone from these tonewoods by pairing them with exceptional hardware, including a bone nut and a hardwood ebony bridge.
Custom-voiced Fishman Sonitone electronics
The SE A20 Angelus comes outfitted with a Fishman Sonitone pickup system that’s been custom-voiced by PRS. The Sonitone system delivers dynamic, natural amplification through an undersaddle pickup and soundhole-mounted preamp that’s discrete but easy to access. The Sonitone preamp lets you tweak tone to your liking with its individual rotary controls for master volume and tone. And because PRS voiced this version of the Sonitone system themselves, you’re getting electronics tailored specifically to the Angelus’ sonic properties, not just a mass-produced pickup dropped in blindly!
Braced for big things
Bracing is critical for acoustic guitars! Like an amp with an electric guitar, bracing shapes acoustic tone at the critical point — the final point of sound production. Bracing can subtract power from each note you play, or it can naturally channel that energy as it arrives. PRS acoustics do the latter using unique hybrid “X”/classical bracing. This bracing pattern features a traditional soundhole “X” bracing with a classical fan bracing across the lower bout with locked-down sides meant to hold steady as the top vibrates. PRS acoustic bracing lets the top move more freely and reach its natural limits. The result is bold and clear projection with dynamic range and a unique voice you won’t find anywhere else.
PRS SE Angelus A20E Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Updated version of the SE Angelus A20E with new tonewood selections and a new finish
- Angelus-style body delivers strong projection and response with a cutaway for extra upper-fret access
- True mahogany top delivers loud projection with focused midrange — great for strumming and fingerpicking!
- Laminate mahogany back and sides provide warm and rich sound with great sustain
- Sturdy but comfortable mahogany neck with a gloss finish and PRS’ “Pattern Wide Fat” profile
- Ebony fingerboard with PRS Birds inlays and 20 frets
- X-bracing/classical hybrid top-bracing for enhanced clarity and projection
- Large yet comfortable body style gives you excellent acoustic projection
- PRS-voiced Fishman Sonitone pickup delivers exceptional amplified tone onstage and in the studio
- Tone-enhancing hardware including a hardwood ebony bridge, bone nut, and PRS-designed tuners
- Also features true herringbone purfling and rosette
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Angelus Cutaway
- Color:Black Top
- Top Wood:Mahogany
- Back & Sides Wood:Laminated Mahogany
- Body Bracing:PRS Hybrid X/Classical
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Wide Fat
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:PRS Birds
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.3"
- Tuning Machines:PRS Designed
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Electronics:PRS Voiced Fishman Sonitone
- Case/Gig Bag:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:109634::TS: