PRS-quality Acoustic for Everyone
PRS's X-brace/classical hybrid bracing
PRS's proprietary X-brace/classical hybrid bracing method blends the techniques of some of the most legendary acoustic guitar luthiers in history. This bracing pairs resonant tops with stiff and reflective backs and sides, offering a powerful tone that doesn't mask the intricacies of your playing style. The SE A50 Angelus shares this bracing design with PRS's USA-made production and private stock acoustic guitars. It's a high-end feature you'd expect to find on custom acoustics costing thousands of dollars, but it can be yours at an affordable price.
Fine tonewoods meet signature PRS appointments
The PRS SE A50 Angelus features an Angelus body with a solid spruce top and laminated, figured maple back and sides. The neck of this A50 Angelus follows Paul Reed Smith's wide neck shape and is carved from choice mahogany. A bound ebony fretboard gives the neck a smooth feel and rich tones. And the signature bird inlays denote the Angelus as a member of the PRS family. The SE A50 Angelus manages to strike the perfect balance between modern eye-catching adornments and a traditional acoustic appearance.
Fishman pickup system provides excellent sound onstage
Getting your acoustic guitar tone to translate in a live environment can be tricky. That's why PRS outfitted their SE A40 Angelus with a PRS-voiced Fishman Sonitone pickup. Enjoy the dynamic, natural sound of the Sonitone, and shape your acoustic's sound to your liking with its individual rotary controls for master volume and tone. And the controls' low-profile design does away with unsightly electronics dominating the look of your guitar.
PRS SE A50 Angelus Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Acoustic-electric guitar with under-saddle pickup system
- Spruce top delivers nuanced clarity and projection
- Figured maple back and sides provide warm and rich sound
- Large yet comfortable body style gives you excellent acoustic projection
- Onboard Fishman Sonitone pickup system sounds fantastic
- Cutaway offers upper-fret access for single-note melodies
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:SE A50 Angelus
- Color:Black Gold
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Laminated Figured Maple
- Body Bracing:PRS Hybrid Classical X-bracing
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Wide Fat
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:PRS Birds
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.3"
- Tuning Machines:PRS
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Electronics:PRS Voiced Fishman Sonitone
- Strings:PRS, .012-.053
- Case/Gig Bag:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:109635::BG: