A McCarty 594 for the Working Musician
A classic workhorse with a distinctive edge, the PRS S2 McCarty 594 solidbody electric guitar from Irvine Art & Music gives you unparalleled playability, exquisite tone, and stunning good looks — all packed into an instrument priced for the working musician. Two custom-wound, coil-splittable 58/15 S humbuckers serve up a huge range of warm, harmonically rich tone that overdrives your amp beautifully. And the PRS S2 McCarty 594’s timeless yet modern appearance — accented by iconic PRS Birds inlays — will command attention every time you take the stage.
Mahogany topped with maple looks and sounds amazing
To give this PRS S2 McCarty 594 electric guitar a rich yet balanced sound, PRS began by choosing the tried-and-true combination of mahogany topped with maple. The 594’s mahogany body gives you natural tonal warmth, which is offset perfectly by the brighter tone of its maple top. Together with the top-quality PRS adjustable stoptail bridge and vintage-style tuners, these premium tonewoods deliver an incredibly balanced sound.
Custom-wound 58/15 S humbucking pickups
Playing through this McCarty 594’s 58/15 S humbuckers is a wonderful experience. That’s because PRS spec’d the guitar with pickups that deliver powerful, clear tone with lively characteristics. You’ll enjoy the vintage-type clarity they exude, while still being about to drive your favorite amplifier into harmonically rich overdrive. Featuring a powerful bridge pickup and a full-range neck pickup, this pickup set delivers an organic tone with impressive sonic punch.
Pattern Vintage profile and 24.594-inch scale length
The S2 McCarty 594 has a neck feel that maximizes your performance and comfort with PRS’s asymmetrical Pattern Vintage profile. Though much like their Pattern profile, PRS’s Pattern Vintage carve is slightly thicker to fill your hand in just the right way; we’ve found it works equally well for both thumb-over and thumb-under fretting techniques. And for enhanced playability, this guitar features the silky, relaxed hand feel of McCarty’s iconic 24.594-inch scale length (the source of the “594” in the model name).
PRS S2 McCarty 594 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Mahogany body, figured maple top; gloss finish
- Mahogany neck, Pattern Vintage profile; gloss finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 10-inch radius, Birds inlays
- 24.594-inch scale length, 22 frets
- 2 custom-wound 58/15 S pickups
- 3-way pickup selector, per-pickup Volume and Tone controls
- Push-pull Tone pot for coil splitting
- PRS 2-piece stoptail bridge
- Vintage-style tuners
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeS2 McCarty
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialFigured Maple
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color Fire Red Burst / Eriza Verde
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapePattern Vintage
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPRS Birds
- Number of Frets22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length24.594"
- Nut Width1.6875"
- Nut MaterialSynthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS 2-Piece Stoptail
- Neck PickupPRS 58/15 "S" Humbucker
- Bridge PickupPRS 58/15 "S" Humbucker
- Controls2 x volume, 2 x tone (push/pull coil-split)
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
- StringsPRS, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:105589:ER:TA5