A Limited-edition, Spec'd-out S2 Custom 24
Exclusive 10th-anniversary appointments
The 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 builds on the specs of the original S2 Custom 24, retaining the asymmetric bevel-cut maple top, mahogany back, 25-inch scale length, 24-fret Pattern Thin neck, PRS patented molded tremolo, and PRS low-mass locking tuners. That said, PRS upgraded the 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 with a Cuban mahogany neck, mother-of-pearl Birds inlays, and — most notably — USA-made PRS 85/15 humbuckers.
USA-made, TCI-tuned 85/15 humbucking pickups
The PRS 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 comes equipped with USA-made PRS 85/15 humbuckers. An update on PRS's original humbuckers, 85/15 pickups bring vintage and modern designs together, yielding exceptional clarity and extended high and low end. PRS 85/15 humbuckers are tailor-made for driving a modern pedalboard, yet they have enough vintage-tinged character to deliver when you plug straight into your amp. What's more, the pickups are treated to PRS's TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) tuning, which means the team at PRS has leveraged their years of know-how to sculpt the sound to be perfect for their ears. The pickups have been paired with a volume, tone, and 5-way blade switch — the latter a first for an S2 Series Custom 24 (as opposed to the typical 3-way switch and push-pull tone knob). Guitarists at Irvine Art & Music love these pickups. You will, too.
The PRS S2 series: American-built guitars for working musicians
In their never-ending quest for guitar perfection, PRS has created the S2 series of guitars. These guitars were designed to give you all the tone and playability that the PRS Maryland factory is known for in a stripped-down, American-built instrument that's well within reach for working musicians. S2 guitars include PRS-designed pickups and hardware, along with eye-grabbing colors and hybrid gloss finishes. The PRS S2 Custom 24 delivers amazing playability and massive tone at a killer price.
PRS S2 Custom 24 Electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable contoured mahogany body with asymmetric bevel-cut maple top
- 25-inch-scale Pattern Thin Cuban mahogany neck with easy-playing 24-fret rosewood fingerboard
- USA-made, TCI-tuned PRS 85/15 humbucking pickups offer remarkable clarity and extended tonal range
- 5-way blade switch unlocks a useful array of sonic textures
- PRS-patented tremolo delivers everything from subtle expression to full dive-bombs
- PRS-designed locking tuners provide rock-solid intonation
- Mother-of-pearl PRS Birds fingerboard inlays and tasteful nickel hardware
- Distinguished-looking "S2 Series 10th Anniversary" truss rod cover
- Limited to 1,000 guitars built
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeS2 Custom 24
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialAsymmetric bevel-cut Maple
- Body FinishNitro over Cellulose CAB
Color Lake Blue & Faded Gray Black Burst
- Neck MaterialMahogany
- Neck ShapePattern Thin
- Neck JointSet Neck
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayMother-of-pearl Birds
- Number of Frets24
- Scale Length25"
- Nut Width1.6875"
- Nut MaterialSynthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Molded Tremolo
- TunersPRS Low Mass Locking
- Neck PickupPRS 85/15 Humbucker
- Bridge PickupPRS 85/15 Humbucker
- Controls1 x volume, 1 x tone
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:111413::LB:VC5 & 111413::GS:VC5