Mark Tremonti's Signature Amplifier
The PRS Mark Tremonti MT15 15/7-watt tube amplifier head sings with the high-gain detail, crystal cleans, and flexibility that Tremonti relies on for his legendary work in Tremonti and Alter Bridge. And best of all, it does it in a compact amplifier that is switchable between roaring-loud 15-watt and manageable 7-watt performance. The MT15's two channels offer enough tonal shaping to make it a go-to studio amplifier for any style of playing. And thanks to the effects loop around back, it's easy to expand the tonal horizons of this diminutive monster.
After bursting onto the rock scene in Creed, Mark Tremonti quickly established himself as an heir to the guitar-hero throne. Now playing in the internationally renown Alter Bridge, Tremonti has only widened his legend by use of supreme metal techniques and ground-rattling riffs, as well as his more delicate clean tones and acoustic guitar work. A longtime PRS user, it only makes sense that he went to Paul Smith to help design his first signature amplifier. The result — the Mark Tremonti MT15 — is a compact powerhouse that delivers the quality of craftsmanship and tone that comes with the Paul Reed Smith name.
Wide range of tones
Though boasting a straightforward control layout across its front panel, the PRS Mark Tremonti Signature MT15 all-tube amp head will conjure up a surprisingly diverse range of fantastic tones. The amplifier's clean channel is capable of the crystalline clean tones that make up half of the Tremonti signature tone. The Lead channel is where you'll find the harmonically rich grind that Mark uses to pummel his most famous riffs. Additionally, pull the boost on the clean channel and you have a vintage-approved breakup that is quite comfortable in rock 'n' roll, blues, country, and more.
By turning the MT15 around, you'll find a few touches that ensure the amplifier will integrate well with your rig. First, the amplifier's effects loop is a perfect place for your time-based and modulation effects. And the loop's transparent nature means it will never interfere with your guitar's original tone. The amplifier's Full/Half Power switch selects between 15- and 7-watt performance, perfect for adapting to your performance situation. And finally, the amplifier's external bias controls allow easy access to fine-tuning your tubes' performance.
Paul Reed Smith Mark Tremonti MT15 Amplifier Head Features:
- Signature compact amp head of Alter Bridge's Mark Tremonti
- 2-channels deliver spanky cleans, vintage crunch, and over-the-top gain
- Full/Half Power switch selects 15 or 7-watt operation for varying headroom
- Effects loop is ideal for time-based effects
- External bias control offers effortless adjustment for a tech
- Single-button footswitch included
- Compact and convenient dimensions
- Type:Tube Lunchbox Head
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:15W (7W setting)
- Preamp Tubes:6 x JJ ECC83S
- Power Tubes:2 x JJ 5881
- EQ:3-band EQ
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (8 ohms parallel), 1 x 1/4" (16 ohm)
- Effects Loop:Yes
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (channel gain/clean)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 1-button footswitch
- Features:External bias jacks and bias adjustment
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Height:7.25" (with feet)
- Weight:17.8 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:103730::ST--: