The Return of the CE
Versatile 85/15 pickups for six humbucker/single-coil sounds
Modern-voiced with vintage characteristics, the CE 24's coil tapped humbuckers sound great for rock and pop, indie, metal, or punk. A push-pull pot lets you transition from scorching metal leads to sweet California twang on the fly. Paul Reed Smith retooled his original pickups to bring the sweet harmonics and chunky warmth of this classic design — but with modern output and articulation for today’s players and gear. Each set of pickups has been ear-tuned to perfection by Paul and his team, a process known as Tuned Capacitance and Inductance (TCI). The end result is a very musical pickup that’s true to its lineage, but updated for the modern player.
Bolt-on maple neck captures the excitement of the original
Fans of the original CE series from the 1980s to the 2000s will feel right at home playing the updated PRS CE 24's bolt-on maple neck. The CE 24 plays a lot like a Custom 24 but has a woodier attack and sharper bite you can really dig into. Whether you play blues leads or rock 'n' roll rhythms, the PRS CE 24 has the tonal diversity you're after.
Irresistible looks and playability
A balanced mahogany body, designer maple top, and velvety rosewood fingerboard give the CE 24 a warm and balanced sound with a look you won't want to keep your hands off. Irvine Art & Music guitarists are big on the CE 24's thinner body and more comfortable top carve, which feel great against the wrist and forearm for strumming.
Revamped finish for classic feel
Never one to stand pat, PRS has retooled the finish process for their latest models. Taking cues from Private Stock finishes that entail high-gloss nitro over a cellulose CAB basecoat, the result is a finish that's thin, durable, and crystal clear — the perfect formula for vintage feel and superior resonance.
PRS CE 24 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- An update to the classic PRS CE 24
- Bolt-on Pattern Thin maple neck — woody attack, quick response
- Matching maple headstock veneer gives this PRS a distinct look
- Lightweight mahogany body provides warm, balanced sustain
- Stunning figured maple top adds killer looks and clarity
- Articulate East Indian rosewood fingerboard suits shredders to chordists
- Signature bird inlays for classic PRS looks
- TCI-tuned 85/15 pickups deliver 6 versatile humbucker/single-coil sounds
- High-gloss nitro over a cellulose CAB basecoat fora finish that's thin, durable, and feels great
- Push-pull coil tapping
- PRS vibrato bridge adds texture to chords and leads
- Locking tuners keep you stage and studio ready
- Nickel hardware resists fingerprints
- Proprietary PRS pot taper delivers smooth volume swells
- 25" scale length
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeCE 24
- Body MaterialMahogany
- Top MaterialFigured Maple
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color Faded Gray Black / Black
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapePattern Thin
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayPRS Birds
- Number of Frets24
- Scale Length25"
- Nut Width1.6875"
- Nut MaterialSynthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/TailpiecePRS Molded Tremolo
- TunersPRS Low Mass Locking
- Neck PickupPRS TCI-tuned 85/15 Humbucker
- Bridge PickupPRS TCI-tuned 85/15 Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-split)
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
- StringsPRS, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag