Your First-class Ticket to High-gain Heaven
Modern aggression and vintage chime in one
The original 50-watt Archon set a new benchmark for modern amps, delivering the searing high gain Irvine Art & Music metallers crave at bedroom levels without any tonal compromise. The new Archon 50 excels at this, with a versatility that's perfect for both overdriven and crystal-clean amp tones. Its lead channel delivers the full spectrum of hard rock and metal tones, perfect for everything from tight crunch to screaming leads and unrelenting sonic destruction. Switch channels, and you'll experience a tone that is both clean and rich, ideal for adding in pedals to color your sound but with enough character to stand out on its own. Best of all, the Archon 50 accomplishes this with a singing clarity that retains the subtle nuances of your playing and ensures that every note rings loud and clear.
Simple design leads you straight to sonic paradise
PRS kept things simple as possible in constructing the Archon 50's control set. It's loaded with just the right number of tweakable knobs and features to dial in studio-quality sounds in seconds flat. Both channels feature a highly musical 3-band EQ to dial in your preferred tone, along with a handy bright switch to transparently boost your high ends without ever sounding too shrill or piercing. Global presence and control knobs further shape your sound, with the presence knob accenting both mid and high frequencies and the control knob increasing the low-end response while adding a beautiful dimension to your playing. The true beauty of the Archon 50 is just how easy it is to get killer tones right out of the box — open it up, set everything to noon, adjust your volume accordingly, and bask in its glory.
An easy addition to any rig
Thanks to its extensive professional feature set, the Archon 50 easily integrates into virtually any guitar rig. You get individual outputs for 4-, 8-, and 16-ohm speakers, so you can connect whatever type of speaker cabinet you prefer. And just like every PRS amp, the Archon 50 has direct-access bias points on the back panel for quick, convenient tube maintenance.
PRS Archon 50 Features:
- The second version of PRS's modern-voiced 2-channel metal amplifier with features designed for the professional gigging guitarist
- All-tube design with an incredibly wide tonal range from chimey cleans to roaring distortion
- 3-band EQ and dedicated bright switches tweak your tone to perfection
- Master volume for each channel really lets you fine-tune your sound
- Amazingly responsive and dynamic, with no loss of high frequencies when you turn down your guitar's volume
- 50W operation lets you achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels
- Uses ECC83s preamp tubes and 6CA7 power tubes
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:50W/25W
- Preamp Tubes:6 x JJ ECC83S
- Power Tubes:2 x JJ 6CA7
- EQ:3-band EQ, Presence
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x 1/4" (16 ohm), 4 x 1/4" (4/8/16 ohm)
- Effects Loop:Yes
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (channel)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 1-button footswitch
- Construction Material:Black Textured Vinyl
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:32.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:108444::ST--: