Signature T-style Talman for Math Rock Marvel Yvette Young
T-style tonal platform
Yvette's Ibanez YY20 is a reboot of popular single-coil tone machines of antiquity. Its lightweight alder body supplies a familiar response and comfortable carry weight, sculpted for greater ergonomics and bedecked in a beautiful metallic Orange Cream Sparkle finish that really makes an impression onstage or hanging from your studio walls. You even get a custom sticker pack designed by Yvette for an added dose of DIY flair.
Easy-maneuvering maple neck
Covet's infectious grooves rely heavily on Yvette's two-hand-tapped melodic earworms. For this, Yvette specified a custom-profile Ibanez neck made from solid maple. Top to bottom, the YY20 remains silky smooth and comfortable in the hands, whether you're slapping, chording, or running leads. Its versatile 12-inch-radius rosewood fingerboard supports a wide range of players' tastes and styles. An added feature we at Irvine Art & Music really appreciate is the luminescent side dot inlays, which make it easy to keep track of your fret-hand position on dark stages.
Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups
Yvette's choice of pickups — the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Tele single-coil set — deliver sonic sweetness and crystal-clear articulation when played softly, and break up musically when it's time to dig in. By using Alnico 2 rod magnets, these pickups soften the treble attack, avoiding excessive high-end bite while keeping bass notes punchy and tight.
Road-ready Gotoh hardware
As players like Yvette know, tuning stability is just as important as tone in an instrument. To meet the needs of one of today's preeminent math rockers, the Ibanez YY20 comes stock with a Gotoh GTC202 bridge for real-deal Tele feel and pro-level performance as well as Gotoh MG-T locking tuners to eliminate slipping behind the nut.
Ibanez Yvette Young Signature YY20 Electric Guitar Features:
- Covet guitarist Yvette Young's T-style signature axe
- Builds upon Ibanez's popular Talman platform
- Set up for FACGBE — perfect for tapping
- Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Tele pickups supply a vintage-y sweetness and musical breakup
- Lightweight, sculpted alder body
- Custom maple neck with 12-inch-radius rosewood fingerboard
- Luminescent side dots keep you apprised of fret position on dark stages
- Gotoh GTC202 bridge delivers real-deal Tele feel and professional performance
- Gotoh MG-T locking tuners eliminate slipping behind the nut
- Includes a set of Yvette-designed stickers
- Number of Strings6
- Left-/Right-handed right-handed
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body Shape Yvette Young Signature
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorOrange Cream Sparkle
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeYY
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayWhite Dots
- Number of Frets22, Medium Nickel
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.614"
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/TailpieceGotoh GTC202
- TunersGotoh MG-T Locking
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Single-coil
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .011-.052
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number: YY20OCS