Premium Steve Vai Signature Axe
Incredibly fast Wizard neck
Ibanez Wizard necks are thin and built for speed, enabling effortless playability and comfort. The JEM7VP takes that design to the next level with a 5-piece maple/walnut design. The guitarists here at Irvine Art & Music have found that this neck allows us to execute lightning-fast runs, arpeggios, and hammer-ons with ease. Capping the Wizard neck is a 24-fret ebony fingerboard, loaded with jumbo frets that are perfect for big note bends.
Epic rock tone from DiMarzio pickups
The Steve Vai Signature Premium JEM7VP delivers maximum impact and power, thanks to a trio of DiMarzio Evolution pickups. The neck humbucker is fat, punchy, and loud. The bridge humbucker is tight, aggressive, and louder. Beyond that, the middle single-coil pickup unlocks the full gamut of sonic textures. Evolution pickups aren’t polite sounding, and they're not for the inexperienced, but — if you've got the chops and a hot amp — your sound will burn. Evolution pickups were originally designed with live gigs in mind, but they have so much presence and definition that they're great for recording, too — these pickups slice right through even the densest of mixes.
Edge tremolo for precise tuning stability
The JEM7VP's Edge tremolo was designed by Ibanez to give you the fast tremolo response and snap you need to pull off sharp bends and flutters. The extreme stability of this knife-edge-style trem's stud lock function is also one of the many reasons it’s a favorite among many of today's top shredders. And thanks to the Lion's Claw tremolo cavity, you can bend notes to radical extremes and back again with incredible precision.
Steve Vai Signature Premium JEM7VP Features:
- Designed in collaboration with Steve Vai for a sonically versatile guitar that performs like a pro
- Balanced-sounding alder body — the tonal basis for some of the most enduring pieces of contemporary music
- 5-piece Wizard neck plays incredibly fast — perfect for frantic fretwork
- DiMarzio Evolution pickups deliver maximum impact and power
- Edge tremolo supplies twisting, bending, and dive-bombing with reliable intonation
- Built-in Monkey Grip handle — a mainstay on Steve Vai's guitars
- Eye-catching Tree of Life inlay
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeVai Jem 7
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material5-piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck ShapeWizard
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialEbony
- Fingerboard InlayTree of Life
- Number of Frets24, Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.692"
- Nut MaterialLocking
- Bridge/TailpieceIbanez Edge Tremolo
- Neck PickupDiMarzio Evolution Humbucker
- Middle PickupDiMarzio Evolution Single-coil
- Bridge PickupDiMarzio Evolution Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching5-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .009-.042
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:JEM7VPWH