Takes Tonal Adaptability to New Extremes
Saying that the Ibanez Prestige AZ2204N is a versatile solidbody electric guitar is massive understatement. Its Seymour Duncan Fortuna pickups tackle bluesy licks and metal riffage with equal aplomb, while its dyna-MIX9 switching system provides nine different pickup combinations for an endless supply of tones. It looks great as well, boasting a balanced-sounding alder body framed by an eye-catching tortoiseshell pickguard. Enjoy unprecedented comfort and stability, thanks to an ergonomic rear body contour, S-Tech roasted maple neck, and a slick-playing compound-radius rosewood fingerboard. Bend, twist, and dive-bomb with perfect intonation thanks to the AZ2204N’s Gotoh T1702 tremolo. Gotoh Magnum Lock tuners, an oil-impregnated bone nut, and luminescent side dots round out the AZ2204N’s top-shelf feature set.
S-Tech roasted maple neck offers stability and durability
The AZ2204N’s roasted maple neck was subjected to Ibanez’s S-Tech nitrogen-heating treatment, which increases its stability, durability, water resistance, and tolerance to temperature changes. The neck is then sealed with oil, resulting in a well-played feel. And it’s supremely comfortable — its fingerboard edge was finished with a smooth curve that extends through the border between the fingerboard and the neck to the fingerboard itself. Beyond that, this guitar’s oil-finished AZ oval "C"-shaped neck fills your hand nicely at the lower frets, while providing a more modern feel when you’re playing up high. You also get an oil-impregnated bone nut for maximum resonance and superior tuning stability.
Seymour Duncan Fortuna pickups yield an endless array of tones
The Ibanez AZ2204N’s Seymour Duncan Fortuna pickups are among the most sonically flexible we’ve heard here. Laid out in an HSS configuration, these pickups deliver warm blues licks, shred-heavy metal riffs, and everything in between with the utmost in dynamics and clarity — even in high-gain situations. Beyond that, Ibanez’s dyna-MIX9 switching system provides nine different sound combinations and can shift between humbucker and single-coil modes with a flick of a mini toggle. You can even simulate a humbucking sound by combining the two single-coil pickups. Whatever tone you’re hearing in your head, the AZ2204N can achieve it.
Gotoh T1702 tremolo provides excellent tuning stability
Developed in collaboration with Gotoh, the AZ2204N’s T1702 tremolo features brass saddles and a brass sustain block, which ensure a natural, warm tone with quick response and amazing articulation. String skipping and hybrid picking are effortless thanks to narrow string spacing. Loading the guitar’s tremolo arm is a breeze, by virtue of the T1702’s snap-and-hold socket, and its arm torque adjuster allows for fine adjustments without any tools. The T1702’s stud lock screws lock the stud bolts in place, enhancing the instrument’s resonance and providing excellent tuning stability. Beyond that, the T1702’s non-recessed design provides an astoundingly smooth tremolo motion that's ideal for neo-soul-type players.
Ibanez Prestige AZ2204N Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Balanced-sounding alder body framed by an eye-catching tortoiseshell pickguard
- Ergonomic rear body contour is great for all-day sessions and marathon-length performances
- Seymour Duncan Fortuna pickups deliver warm blues licks, shred-heavy metal riffs, and everything in between
- Ibanez dyna-MIX9 switching system provides 9 different pickup combinations
- S-Tech roasted maple neck offers stability and durability
- AZ oval "C"-shaped neck fills your hand nicely down low while providing a more modern feel up high
- Compound-radius rosewood fingerboard affords lightning-fast playability
- 22 ultra-durable stainless-steel frets with Ibanez's Prestige fret edge treatment
- Oil-impregnated bone nut exhibits maximum resonance and superior tuning stability
- Luminescent side dots give you a great point of reference on dark stages
- Gotoh T1702 tremolo provides excellent tuning stability
- Rock-solid Gotoh Magnum Lock machine heads with H.A.P. system
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapePrestige AZ
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGlos Polyester
- Color Antique White Blonde / Black / Prussian Blue Metallic
- Neck MaterialRoasted Maple
- Neck ShapeAZ Oval C
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Radius9"-12" compound
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayMother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets22, Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.653"
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/TailpieceGotoh T1702 Tremolo
- TunersGotoh Magnum Locking
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Fortuna Single-coil
- Middle PickupSeymour Duncan Fortuna Single-coil
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan Fortuna Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching2-way mini-switch (coil-tap), 5-way blade pickup switc
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: AZ2204N