An Endless Supply of Tones
Versatile doesn't even begin to describe the Ibanez AZ2204’s capabilities. Its Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups preserve your clarity when you crank up the gain, while its dyna-MIX9 switching system provides nine different pickup combinations for an endless supply of tones. It looks great too, boasting a balanced-sounding alder body framed by an eye-catching white pearloid pickguard. The AZ2204’s S-Tech wood-roasted maple neck and fingerboard supply you with unprecedented comfort and stability. Bend, twist, and dive-bomb with perfect intonation thanks to the AZ2204’s Gotoh T1802 tremolo. Gotoh locking tuners round out the AZ2204’s top-shelf feature set.
S-Tech wood-roasted maple neck offers stability and durability
The AZ2204’s roasted maple neck was subjected to Ibanez’s S-Tech wood nitrogen-heating treatment, which increases its stability, durability, water resistance, and tolerance to temperature changes. The neck is then sealed with oil, resulting in a well-played feel. And it’s supremely comfortable — its fingerboard edge was finished with a smooth curve that extends through the border between the fingerboard and the neck to the fingerboard itself. Beyond that, this guitar’s AZ oval C-shaped neck fills your hand nicely at the lower frets, while providing a more modern feel when you’re playing up high.
Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups yield an endless array of tones
The Ibanez AZ2204’s Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups are among the most balanced-sounding we’ve heard here. Laid out in an HSS configuration, these pickups yield a moderate output and sport Alnico V magnets, which preserve the clarity of your fundamental tone in high-gain situations. You’ll also benefit from a dynamic and clear pick attack. Beyond that, Ibanez’s dyna-MIX9 switching system provides nine different pickup combinations via a mini toggle and 5-way blade switch. Whatever tone you’re hearing in your head, the AZ2204 can achieve it.
Gotoh T1802 tremolo provides excellent tuning stability
Developed in collaboration with Gotoh, the AZ2204’s T1802 bridge features machined titanium saddles and a solid steel tremolo block, ensuring quick response and amazing articulation. String skipping and hybrid picking are effortless thanks to narrow string spacing. Loading the guitar’s tremolo arm is a breeze, by virtue of the T1802’s snap-and-hold socket, and its arm torque adjuster allows for fine adjustments without any tools. The T1802’s stud lock screws lock the stud bolts in place, enhancing the instrument’s resonance and providing excellent tuning stability. Beyond that, the T1802’s 2-point floating tremolo system achieves an astoundingly smooth tremolo motion in either direction.
Ibanez AZ2204 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Balanced-sounding alder body framed by an eye-catching white pearloid pickguard
- Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups preserve your clarity in high-gain situations
- dyna-MIX9 switching system provides 9 different pickup combinations
- S-Tech wood-roasted maple neck and fingerboard offer stability and durability
- 22 stainless steel frets for extra durability
- AZ oval “C” neck profile fills your hand nicely down low while providing a more modern feel up high
- Luminescent side dots give you a great point of reference on dark stages
- Gotoh T1802 tremolo provides excellent tuning stability
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapePrestige AZ
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
Color Hazy Rose Metallic / Ice Blue Metallic
- Neck MaterialRoasted Maple
- Neck ShapeAZ Oval C
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRoasted Maple
- Fingerboard InlayBlack Dots
- Number of Frets22, Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.653"
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/TailpieceGotoh T1802 Tremolo
- TunersGotoh Magnum Locking Machine Heads
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Hyperion Single-coil
- Middle PickupSeymour Duncan Hyperion Single-coil
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan Hyperion Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching1 x dyna-MIX9 switch, 5-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .010-.046
- Case IncludedHardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: AZ2204