Tailored for Modern Fingerstyle Playing by Virtuoso Jon Gomm
Asymmetric jumbo body with Thermo-Aged solid Sitka spruce top
The Jon Gomm Signature JGM5’s fingerstyle-centric design begins with its asymmetric jumbo body shape, which provides plenty of surface area for tapping and a focused low-end response for extra thump. Crafted from a Thermo-Aged solid Sitka spruce top with pau ferro back and sides, the JGM5 is supremely responsive with a wide dynamic range and massive projection. It also sports a Macassar ebony top-loading bridge for fast string changes and improved percussive tones.
Extended scale neck, optimized for down tuning
Down tuning is a key element of modern fingerstyle acoustic playing; however, when down tuning on acoustic guitars with traditional scale lengths, you might sacrifice punch, sustain, and feel. To resolve this issue, the Jon Gomm JGM5 features a 25-3/4-inch scale, which helps keep the guitar in proper tension across myriad alternate tunings. Plus, the JGM5’s okoume neck — capped with a Macassar ebony fretboard and jumbo frets — serves up bell-like slapped harmonics, crisp pull-offs and hammer-ons, and rich, articulate strumming with detailed note separation.
Outstanding amplified acoustic tone
If you’re a solo artist like Jon Gomm, then you understand the challenge of filling up sonic real estate during a live performance using only an acoustic guitar. Jon often relies on blending contact pickups and undersaddle pickups to capture different aspects of his playing style. However, for those who prefer more straightforward electronics, the JGM5 offers the Fishman PowerTap Earth Blend preamp, offering outstanding amplified acoustic tone and enough control to sculpt your ideal sound!
Ibanez Jon Gomm Signature JGM5 Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Custom designed by Jon Gomm and Ibanez for modern fingerstyle playing
- Asymmetric jumbo body shape provides a focused low-end response and plenty of surface area for tapping
- Resonant Thermo-Aged solid Sitka spruce top and solid pau ferro back and sides
- 25-3/4-inch scale keeps the guitar in proper tension across myriad alternate tunings and retains feel
- Custom profile 5-piece okoume neck, capped with a Macassar ebony fretboard, and jumbo frets
- Fishman PowerTap Earth Blend preamp delivers stellar amplified acoustic tone
- Fishman Rare Earth Mic Blend Active Soundhole
- Bone nut, compensated ebony saddle, and chrome die-cast tuners deliver superb tuning stability and intonation
- Gig bag included
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Jon Gomm Jumbo
- Finish:Satin Polyurethane top, Gloss sides/back
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Pau Ferro
- Neck Wood:Okoume
- Neck Shape:JGM
- Fingerboard Material:Macassar Ebony
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.75"
- Tuning Machines:Chrome Die-cast
- Bridge Material:Macassar Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.771"
- Electronics:Fishman PowerTap Earth Blend preamp with Fishman Rare Earth Mic Blend Active Soundhole pickup
- Strings:D'Addario, .012-.056
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:JGM5BSN