Endless Sonic Shapeshifting Courtesy of Joe Satriani's Signature Guitar
Thin, rigid neck and treated frets for maximum playability
You'll find that the JS neck profile on the JS2410 gives you a solid fretting foundation while allowing you to play as fast as you like. Also, it's a 3-piece maple/bubinga neck, which is more rigid — and transfers vibration better — than a 1-piece neck. What's more, the feel of this neck is enhanced by Ibanez's Prestige fret-edge treatment, an extra step to ensure maximum playing comfort and long-term playability. The process essentially rounds the fret ends much more precisely than is possible by hand filing. The guitarists at Irvine Art & Music have discovered that the more you play the JS2410, the more "right" it feels.
Dual DiMarzio pickups serve up unexpected tonal versatility
With its pair of high-output DiMarzio humbuckers, the Ibanez JS2410 is ready to make any guitar amplifier sing or scream with powerful, beefy tone. There's a single-coil-sized Satch Track humbucker at the neck and a Mo' Joe humbucker at the bridge — each chosen for their tonal tenacity and strong output. And if you need the snap and chime you can only get from single-coil pickups, just tug on the push-pull tone switch. You also get a highpass filter that's activated by a push-pull volume switch, enabling you to maintain your high-frequency edge when you've got your volume rolled back.
Edge tremolo provides expressive pitch pyrotechnics
When it comes to maximum expressive potential, nothing beats the range of a double-locking tremolo — and the Ibanez Edge tremolo found in the JS2410 is one of the best. Manufactured for Ibanez by Gotoh, the Edge tremolo delivers reliable action and rock-solid tuning stability. The response is fast and precise, and the super-smooth feel of the low-profile saddles is perfect for palm muting.
Ibanez JS2410 Joe Satriani Signature Features:
- Joe Satriani Signature guitar, designed for maximum playability and tonal diversity
- 3-piece maple/bubinga neck with JS profile provides exceptional playability
- DiMarzio Satch Track and Mo' Joe humbuckers serve up harmonic-laden, super-colossal tone
- Push-pull coil-split and highpass filter permit easy sonic shapeshifting
- Medium frets have the Prestige edge treatment, giving them a smoother, rounder feel
- Fast, precise performance from the ultra-stable Edge tremolo
- Head-turning finish with matching headstock
- Attractive chrome hardware
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeJoe Satriani Signature
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- ColorSky Blue
- Neck Material3-Piece Maple/Bubinga
- Neck ShapeJS
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayMother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets24, Medium
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.685"
- Nut MaterialLocking
- Bridge/TailpieceEdge Locking Tremolo
- Neck PickupDiMarzio Satch Track Humbucker
- Bridge PickupDiMarzio Mo' Joe Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume (push/pull Hi-pass filter), 1 x master tone (push/pull coil-tap)
- Switching3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:JS2410SYB