Achieve Unstoppable Momentum
Strap on the Ibanez JS240PS, and you’ll achieve unstoppable momentum. This top-of-the-line Satriani-style electric guitar is the perfect platform for next-level fretboard pyrotechnics, thanks to its ultra-fast-playing 3-piece maple/purpleheart JS neck. Ibanez's Prestige fret edge treatment only adds to the fluid feel of this guitar. Whether you’re executing warp-speed legato runs or wild arpeggio tapping techniques, you’ll appreciate the harmonic-drenched high-output tones of the JS240PS’s DiMarzio Satchur8 bridge humbucker, while a Sustainiac circuit stretches your notes into infinity. You also get a push-pull highpass filter for keeping your tone when your volume is rolled back. An Edge Tremolo rounds out the Ibanez JS240PS’s impressive feature set.
Thin, rigid neck and treated frets for maximum playability
You'll find that the JS neck profile on the JS240PS gives you a solid fretting foundation while allowing you to play as fast as you like. It's a 3-piece maple/purpleheart neck too, which is more rigid than 1-piece neck and transfers vibration better. And no matter how fast you shred, you won't shred your fingers — the medium frets (a favorite of guitarists here at Irvine Art & Music) on the JS240PS have received Ibanez's Prestige treatment, which smooths down the edges for an amazingly fluid feel.
DiMarzio humbucker and Sustainiac circuit deliver unlimited tonal versatility
Whatever tone you're searching for, you'll be able to achieve it with the Ibanez JS240PS. Its DiMarzio Satchur8 bridge humbucker serves up glorious high-output tones with loads of harmonics and definition. A Sustainiac pickup in its neck features a special circuit that lets notes ring on as long as you like. Just kick in the Sustainiac circuit, play a note or chord, and prepare yourself for infinite sustain.
Highpass filter enhances highs when you roll your volume down
If working your volume knob is a big part of your playing style you'll love this — the volume control on the JS240PS houses a push-pull highpass filter. It prevents you from losing your high-frequency edge when you've got your volume rolled back. This lets you keep your definition and edge when you're cleaning up your tone, then easily switch to full-bore tone when you want to send your amp into overdrive territory.
Ibanez JS240PS Joe Satriani Signature Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Joe Satriani Signature guitar, designed for maximum playability and tonal diversity
- 3-piece maple/purpleheart neck with JS profile provides exceptional playability
- DiMarzio Satchur8 bridge humbucker serves up high-output tone with loads of harmonics and definition
- Sustainiac circuit delivers infinite sustain and thick feedback with a flip of a switch
- Push-pull highpass filter greatly expands your sonic options
- Medium frets have the Prestige edge treatment, giving them a smoother, rounder feel
- Fast, precise performance from the ultra-stable Edge tremolo
- Attractive chrome hardware
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidboody
- Body ShapeJoe Satriani Signature
- Body MaterialAmerican Basswood
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorCandy Apple
- Neck Material3-Piece Maple/Purpleheart
- Neck ShapeJS
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialPanga Panga
- Fingerboard InlayWhite Dots
- Number of Frets24, Medium
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.653"
- Nut MaterialLocking
- Bridge/TailpieceEdge Double-locking Tremolo
- TunersClosed Gear
- Neck PickupSustainiac Driver Pickup
- Bridge PickupDiMarzio Satchur8 Alnico Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull sustainiac on/off)
- Switching3-way toggle sustainiac switch, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .009-.042
- Case/Gig BagGig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:JS240PSCA