Value-packed Next-gen Bass with Premium Upgrades
Nordstrand Big Split pickups deliver the tone
Nordstrand Big Split passive pickups deliver classic fat, punchy tone on demand. Their split-coil humbucking design bucks the annoying hum, but delivers the beef. They’re amazingly responsive, too. Dig in, and they growl with the big cats. Pull back, and they’re sweet and clear. Go ahead: slap and pop — they thrive on abuse! Ask any tone-savvy bass player at Irvine Art & Music, and they’ll confirm that, onstage or in the studio, your bass will sound incredible with Nordstrand Big Split pickups.
Mono-rail bridge enhances definition and sustain
Ibanez specified their excellent Mono-rail 5 bridge for the Premium EHB1505. Unlike single-body bridges, each Mono-rail saddle is completely separate from the others. This does two things for you. First, since they aren’t connected, the saddles create minimal sympathetic vibration. This prevents unused strings from ringing. Second, each saddle is double-anchored, allowing energy to transfer efficiently between the string and the body. As a result, bassists here at Irvine Art & Music are raving about the EHB1505’s astonishing clarity and sustain.
Ibanez: a brief history
Ibanez began its life in 1908 as the Hoshino Gakki company in Nagoya, Japan. However, the company didn’t get into the guitar business until 1929, when they started importing Salvador Ibanez guitars from Spain. In 1935, Hoshino Gakki began building Spanish acoustic guitars under the “Ibanez Salvador” name, which was later shortened to Ibanez. Although Ibanez began manufacturing electric guitars in 1957, the company was relatively unknown in the West until the 1960s, when they started producing guitars based on American designs. By the late 1970s, Ibanez had stopped producing derivative instruments and had begun manufacturing the innovative original guitar and bass designs that the company is now known for. Ibanez is also famous for their effect pedals, most notably the Tube Screamer. Irvine Art & Music is proud to offer to you such a fine line of distinguished musical instruments.
Ibanez Bass Workshop EHB1505 5-string Electric Bass Guitar Features:
- Ergonomic, lightweight, select African mahogany body
- EHB5 9-piece panga panga/walnut neck with graphite reinforcement rods
- Bound panga panga fretboard, medium stainless steel frets, abalone offset dots
- Nordstrand Big Split neck and bridge pickups
- Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- MR5HS bridge; black hardware
- Ibanez custom headpieces
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Finger Ramp included
- Number of Strings:5
- Body Shape:Bass Workshop EHB
- Body Material:African Mahogany body, Poplar Burl top
- Body Finish:Satin Polyurethane
- Color:Dragon Eye Burst
- Neck Material:9-piece Panga Panga/Walnut
- Neck Shape:EHB5
- Fingerboard Material:Bound Panga Panga
- Fingerboard Inlay:Abalone Off-set Dots
- Number of Frets:24, Medium Stainless Steel
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.771"
- Nut Material:Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece:MR5HS Mono-rail Bridge
- Tuners:Ibanez Custom Headpieces
- Neck Pickup:Nordstrand Custom Big Split Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Nordstrand Custom Big Split Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x balancer, 3-band Active EQ, 1 x bypass switch
- Strings:D'Addario EXL165, .045-.130
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number: EHB1505DEF