Scarlett 2i2: Portable Studio Quality
When you make the best-selling audio interface on the planet, do you sit back and savor the accolades? Not if you’re Focusrite! The third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 advances the state-of-the-art in USB audio interfaces with two upgraded Scarlett mic preamps, high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA converters, optimized preamp gain structure, vanishingly low latency, and instrument inputs that handle scorching hot pickups. The mic preamps now feature Focusrite’s acclaimed Air mode that provides the coveted Air effect modeled on the company’s legendary ISA console transformers to give your voice and instrument recordings a brighter, more open sound. Ideal for the small project studio or mobile rig, the Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen runs on USB bus power and sports two mic/line/instrument inputs allowing simultaneous recording and playback of up to two channels with independently controllable headphone and monitor outputs. Fire up the bundled software, and you’re ready to rock.
Now supporting iPad Pro
Customers and fanatics have asked, and Focusrite has delivered! The 3rd Gen Scarlett interfaces now support iPad Pros with USB-C ports. That’s right; it’s now even easier to take your Scarlett 2i2 on the road with you! All you need to do to get set up is to plug into your compatible iPad Pro and open your music-making app — it’s that simple. As long as you have your iPad Pro, you can use your Focusrite Scarlett 3rd Gen interface anywhere you go.
Optimized third-generation technology
The 3rd-generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2’s exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it’s been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you’ve got studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. Focusrite has added their renowned Air circuit to their already-amazing Scarlett mic preamps. The instrument inputs have also been re-engineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett 2i2’s inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
Super-low latency for better performances
You know you perform better when you’ve got a great-sounding monitor mix with everything you need to hear to be inspired — for example, reverb and delay on a guitar solo. The Scarlett 2i2’s super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time, so you can hear your parts as you envision them and record better performances. At Irvine Art & Music, we know you can’t put a price on that. But if you prefer the simplicity and convenience of monitoring your input direct with guaranteed low-latency, simply flip the Direct Monitor circuit switch on your Scarlett 2i2.
Award-winning Focusrite preamps with Air
The Scarlett 2i2 is equipped with two vibrant and pristine Focusrite preamps. For over 25 years, Focusrite’s award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamps in the Scarlett 2i2. This is the same technology found in Focusrite’s flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, the Scarlett 2i2 also features phantom power for your mics that require it. Add to that Focusrite’s switchable Air mode, and you’ve got the sound that launched a thousand hits.
Keep an eye on your levels with intuitive halo indicators
Your mom always said to watch your levels. Well, perhaps she didn’t, but you know you should — and the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 makes it easy. The Scarlett 2i2’s innovative halo indicators always let you know when you’ve got a healthy signal level for recording. If the halo is red, your signal is clipping, and you should back down your gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the level returns to a happy level — at which point it will turn green. Simple and intuitive, isn’t it?
Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ships with a killer software bundle headlined by Ableton Live Lite. You also get the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite and access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective, which offers free software downloads and generous discounts. Focusrite has included everything you need to get up and running fast. Along with this, you also get the Focusrite Hitmaker Expansion, which includes:
- Antares Auto-Tune Access
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Softube Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys
- XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2
- Brainworx bx_oberhausen
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC
- Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite
- Brainworx bx_masterdesk
Focusrite has also partnered with Splice to give Scarlett 3rd Gen owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting up their new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily from your favorite sound designers, artists, and producers. Artists are using Splice to create all kinds of music, from chart-topping pop and Grammy-winning albums, to underground mix tapes, and even cinematic scores. Making studio quality productions has never been easier when you buy a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface Features:
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
- 2 upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
- 2 high-headroom instrument inputs for bass, guitar, or synths
- 2 balanced line inputs, suitable for connecting line-level sources
- Unique, intuitive halo level indicators for optimized gain staging
- Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
- Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
- Balanced TRS L/R monitor outputs with level control
- Headphone output with independent level control
- USB bus powered
- Supports iPad Pro
- Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
- Included software bundle
- Membership in Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- 3-year warranty
- Computer Connectivity:USB 2.0
- Form Factor:Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O:2 x 2
- Number of Preamps:2
- Phantom Power:Yes
- A/D Resolution:Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs:2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs:2 x 1/4" TRS
- Headphones:1 x 1/4"
- USB:1 x Type USB-C
- Software:Ableton Live Lite, Plug-in Collective access, Hitmaker Expansion Bundle, 3-month Avid Pro Tools Subscription
- Compatibility:USB-C iPad Pro
- OS Requirements - Mac:macOS 10.12 or later
- OS Requirements - PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later (Scarlett), Windows 10 v1809 or later (3-month Avid Pro Tools Subscription)
- Bus Powered:Yes
- Power Supply:USB bus powered
- Manufacturer Part Number:AMS-SCARLETT-2I2-3G