A Modern Neck-through Bass from PRS
The PRS SE Kingfisher is a modern-style bass that packs an impressive arsenal of tones. The neck humbucker’s full, classic voice is well balanced by the bridge humbucker’s punch and articulation. Where the Kingfisher really shines, however, is in blending the pickups together. The result is a big and commanding sound that works well for slap-and-pop funk and fusion lines. The lightweight swamp ash body and stable 5-piece maple/walnut through neck, complemented by a Hipshot TransTone bridge, join forces to deliver a balanced tone with outstanding sustain.
Swamp ash body provides a balanced tone with just enough attack
With its balanced yet bright tone, ash tends to be highly resonant across the entire frequency spectrum. Similar, but slightly more aggressive-sounding than alder, ash tends to have more bite in its top end. Irvine Art & Music Center knows bassists will love the quick attack and dynamic range provided by this excellent tonewood.
Maple and walnut neck enhances tonal balance
Although composed primarily of maple, this PRS SE Kingfisher’s 5-ply neck also benefits from the addition of walnut, which further enhances this bass guitar’s tonal balance, while providing additional strength and an enhanced appearance. This bass guitar’s neck-through design allows free access to its entire fingerboard, in addition to providing prodigious sustain.
PRS quality in every instrument
All PRS guitars and basses are designed for top-notch performance, right out of the case, and this SE Kingfisher bass guitar is no exception. Constructed from top-shelf tonewoods and components, PRS instruments carry on a commitment to quality that’s been the brand’s hallmark since 1985, when Paul Reed Smith himself started hand building guitars for some of the most elite players in the world.
PRS SE Kingfisher Electric Bass Guitar Features:
- A modern bass with balanced tone and excellent sustain
- Swamp ash body with maple veneer top
- 5-piece maple/walnut through neck
- Rosewood fingerboard, 10-inch radius, 24 medium-jumbo frets
- 2 PRS-designed humbucking pickups
- Hipshot TransTone bridge with through-body stringing
- Number of Strings:4
- Body Shape:SE Kingfisher
- Body Material:Swamp Ash with Maple veneer
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Color:Faded Blue Burst
- Neck Material:5-Piece Maple/Wenge
- Neck Shape:SE Bass
- Neck Joint:Neck-through
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:PRS Birds
- Number of Frets:24, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:34"
- Nut Width:1.594"
- Nut Material:PPS Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece:Hipshot TransTone
- Tuners:Closed Gear
- Neck Pickup:PRS Designed 4B Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:PRS Designed 4B Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 1 x master tone
- Strings:D'Addario, .045-.105
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:108120:DE