Top-shelf Tone, Effortless Playability
Durable design with enhanced construction
To complement the AZS2209H's vintage mojo, Ibanez constructed this axe with high-quality tonewoods and enhancements. At its core sits a solid ash body, a trademark wood with a full-bodied tone and great sustain. The AZS2209H's fast-playing roasted maple neck has undergone Ibanez's S-Tech wood nitrogen-heating treatment, which increases its stability, durability, water resistance, and tolerance to temperature changes. The neck is then sealed with oil, resulting in a well-played feel. Plus, this guitar's AZ oval "C"-shaped neck fills your hand nicely at the lower frets, while providing a more modern feel when playing up high.
Balanced, clear tone courtesy of Seymour Duncan
With its classic single-coil/humbucker configuration, the AZS2209H is ideal for players looking for that balance of classic twang and modern bite. The Duncan Alnico II Pro Custom single-coil in the bridge is sweet and smooth, perfect for delivering rock and bluesy tones. In the neck sits a Magic Touch-mini humbucker, balanced across the full spectrum with crystal-clear articulation. Beyond that, Ibanez's dyna-MIX5 switching system provides several different pickup combinations via a mini toggle and 3-way lever switch. Whatever tone you're hearing in your head, the AZS2209H can achieve it.
Gotoh F1803 bridge provides excellent tuning stability
Developed in collaboration with Gotoh, the AZS2209H's F1803 fixed bridge features machined titanium saddles, ensuring quick response and amazing articulation. String skipping and hybrid picking are effortless thanks to narrow string spacing. Slipping issues are a thing of the past with the F1803 bridge, and pre-calculated points make for perfect intonation across the entire fingerboard.
Ibanez Prestige AZS2209H Electric Guitar Features:
- Balanced-sounding ash body
- Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Custom single-coil and Magic Touch-mini humbucker deliver versatile tone with exceptional clarity
- dyna-MIX5 switching system provides several different pickup combinations
- S-Tech wood-roasted maple neck and fingerboard offer stability and durability
- AZ oval “C” neck profile fills your hand nicely down low while providing a more modern feel up high
- 22 stainless steel frets for extra durability
- Gotoh F1803 fixed bridge provides excellent tuning stability
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapePrestige AZS
- Body MaterialAsh
- Body FinishGloss
- ColorPrussion Blue Metallic
- Neck MaterialRoasted Maple
- Neck ShapeAZ Oval C
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRoasted Maple
- Fingerboard InlayBlack Dots
- Number of Frets22, Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.653"
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/TailpieceGotoh F1803 Tremolo
- TunersGotoh Magnum Locking
- Neck PickupSeymour Duncan Magic Touch-mini Humbucker
- Bridge PickupSeymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Custom Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching2-way mini alter switch, 3-way blade pickup switch
- StringsD'Addario, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:AZS2209HPBM