Archback Dreadnought from Guild's Westerly Series
Guild's iconic arched back makes its return in the Westerly D-240E dreadnought acoustic-electric. The purpose of this trademark feature is twofold: principally, it reduces weight and increases live projection. But it also pays tribute to some of Guild's popular models, such as the D-25 and F-30. The result is a great-playing, easy-traveling guitar with Guild's unmistakable look. The Westerly D-240E harks back to Guild's golden-era flat tops with some exciting vintage specs, including a body made from premium woods, a classic Guild C-shaped neck, and a retro red tortoiseshell pickguard. The D-240E includes the AP-1 pickup for a clean sound that plugs straight into a PA.
Guild D-240E Westerly Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
Guild Acoustics: a heritage built on great woods and features
- Guild Acoustics: a heritage built on great woods and features
- Guild AP-1 pickup captures this Westerly's natural acoustic voice
- Engineered for a comfortable playing experience
Guild's heritage as one of America's premier early guitar makers is acknowledged in the D-240E. Solid Sitka spruce and mahogany meet in a traditional dreadnought body with an arched back for a big sound and great playing experience. A real bone nut and saddle deliver golden-era sustain and clarity. And a 1960s red tortoiseshell pickguard gives this guitar a look that was made to be seen.
Guild AP-1 pickup captures this Westerly's natural acoustic voice
The Westerly series' AP-1 piezo pickup is one of the better options we have seen in this price range. The sound is full and dynamic onstage, and it pairs great with a microphone for recording parts at home or in the studio. Volume and tone controls are mounted directly in the soundhole for easy access, and for a look that won't detract from your guitar's natural beauty.
Engineered for a comfortable playing experience
The D-240E's clean playability will help channel all your creative ideas into beautiful music. Seasoned players will notice right away the D-240E's slinky string action all along the 25.5" scale length C-shaped neck. The 1-11/16" nut width spaces out strings suitably for strumming, flatpicking, or fingerstyling, with a good amount of real estate that neither feels cramped nor causes you to reach uncomfortably.
Guild D-240E Westerly Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Iconic arched back pays tribute to Guild's early acoustics
- Unique design is lighter and louder than comparably sized guitars
- Dreadnought body captures the traditional acoustic tone: big, woody, and vibrant
- Matte finish looks great under stage lights
- Vintage-profiled C-shaped neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard plays comfortably
- 1960s red tortoiseshell pickguard looks great onstage
- Bone nut and saddle enhance sustain and clarity
- 1-11/16" nut width suits strummers to fingerstylists
- 25.5" scale length has a slinky-smooth action
- Guild AP-1 pickup system provides a clean sound for the stage and studio