Value-packed V-Drums Kit with a 12" Mesh Snare
Sounds, pads, and features inspired by the toast of Roland's V-Drums collection position the value-packed TD-17KV squarely in pro territory. At the heart of this kit is the TD-17 module, with a sound engine and 50 preset drum kits built around Roland's flagship TD-50. User-importable drum sounds take advantage of your ever-expanding sound libraries. And wireless Bluetooth support for music and MIDI streamline practice, jamming, and song building. New for the TD-17KV are Roland's 12" dual-trigger PDX-12 snare pad with two-ply tunable mesh head and the dynamic KD-10 kick tower. A trio of mesh-headed 8" toms, two 12" cymbals, and a 10" hi-hat with foot controller complete the package.
TD-17 Sound Module
Sounds and FX engine based on Roland's flagship TD-50
50 preset kits and 310 drum/percussion sounds inspired by the V-Drums TD-50 equip the TD-17 sound module for virtually any style, from world music to EDM and metal. User sounds can be imported as WAV files via SD/HC card — a first for a V-Drums module at this level — and saved to any of 50 user kits, as well as blended with stock kits and further edited using the TD-17's powerful processing and effects engine, which includes virtual tuning and muffling, virtual snare tension, compression, EQ, reverb, and more.
Stream songs and MIDI over Bluetooth
An onboard Bluetooth 4.2 transceiver gives the TD-17 the edge for practice and recording. Stream music from your phone to the module wirelessly, without cables, and play along to your heart's content. When you're ready to bottle that inspiration, the TD-17 also features MIDI over Bluetooth to send MIDI note values out to a compatible device. Audio/MIDI over USB and a traditional 5-pin MIDI output are also available.
Additional trigger inputs grow with your kit
In addition to accepting the included multi-pin cable harness, the TD-17 sports two additional 1/4" dual-trigger inputs for an additional crash and auxiliary pad as your needs grow.
What's New in the TD-17KV?
PDX-12 snare pad
The dual-trigger 12" PDX-12 facilitates lifelike snare performance — realistic buzz rolls and rimshots — without altering the way you play. Its 12" size makes a smooth transition from kit-sized snares. And its tunable two-ply mesh head lets players tweak how much rebound they prefer, from soft and pillowy to tight and precise.
KD-10 kick pad
The tower-style KD-10 features an adaptive playing surface that responds more like an acoustic bass drum head, providing realistic feedback for attack and dynamics. Its redesigned frame greatly reduces physical movement to minimize flexing and scooting. On a rug or carpet, it's rock solid, with spurs to anchor it in place. The KD-10 accepts single or double pedals, so whatever style of music you're into, this pad delivers.
What else is included?
- PDX-8 toms (x3) — These 8" V-Toms have dual triggers to accurately capture performances across the head and rim. Within the TD-17, you can assign different sounds to head and rim — percussion, SFX, etc. — and get more out of your kit.
- CY-8 cymbals (x2) — A natural sway and responsive choke give these 12" V-Cymbals an edge over others in their class. Separate trigger zones on the bow and edge faithfully capture the emotion in your crash, splash, or ride performances.
- CY-5 hi-hat + FD-9 foot controller— The CY-5 V-Hi-Hat sports a 10" playing surface and separate bow and edge trigger zones for an authentic hi-hat response. The smooth and super-quiet FD-9 foot controller is also included.
MDS-Compact drum stand + accessories
Your TD-17KV electronic drum kit sets up quickly and securely, thanks to the included Roland MDS-Compact drum stand. This rack-style stand ships with boom arms for cymbals and easy-positioning mounts for toms and snare. Non-slip rubber feet reduce rocking and scooting as you play. Also included: a multi-pin trigger cable harness, module mount, smartphone tray, and power supply.Discover a new level of pro-ready features and realism with the Roland V-Drums TD-17KV from Irvine Art And Music.
Roland TD-17KV 5-piece Electronic Drum Kit Features:
- Sounds, pads, and features inspired by Roland's top-level V-Drums
- 50 kits + 310 drum/percussion sounds inspired by the flagship TD-50
- Tunable mesh pads deliver a custom playing response
- Weight-optimized cymbals swing and sway like the real thing
- 12" PDX-12 snare pad is a smooth transition from acoustic snares
- KD-10 kick pad is stable and dynamic
- Importable drum samples via SD/HC card (not included); can be saved to 50 user kits
- Virtual tuning, muffling, strainer tension, and snare buzz
- Adjustable reverb, compression, and EQ per pad
- Global bass and treble controls
- Onboard Bluetooth 4.2 transceiver — streams music from your phone or sends MIDI data out
- MIDI over USB and 5-pin output — trigger virtual instruments within your DAW
- Audio over USB — capture pre-mixed audio for song building and safekeeping
- Multi-pin cable harness included — inputs for Kick, Snare, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, Hi-Hat, Crash1, Ride, Ride Bell, and Hi-Hat Control
- Two additional 1/4" dual-trigger inputs — inputs for Crash2 and Aux
- Includes MDS-Compact drum stand
- Total Number of Pads:5 x drum pads, 3 x cymbal pads
- Included Snare/Tom Pads:PDX-12 Dual Trigger Mesh Snare, 3 x PDX-8 Dual Trigger Mesh Toms
- Included Kick Pads:KD-10 Kick Trigger Pad
- Included Cymbal Pads:2 x 12" CY-8 Dual Trigger Pads, 10" CY-5 Dual Trigger Hi-hat Cymbal
- Included Drum Module:TD17 Drum Module
- Number of Drum Kits:50 Preset, 50 User
- Number of Instruments:310 Instruments
- Effects:Ambience, 3-band EQ, Tuning, Muffling, Snare Buzz, Strainer, 30 x Multi-effect
- Module Trigger Inputs:2 x 1/4" (crash 2, aux), 1 x DB-25
- Module Analog Inputs:1 x 1/8" (mix in)
- Module Analog Outputs:2 x 1/4" (master out)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4"
- Module MIDI I/O:Out/USB/Bluetooth
- Other I/O:Bluetooth 4.2 (audio streaming/MIDI)
- USB:1 x Type B (stereo in/out)
- Storage:SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32GB)
- Included Hardware:MDS-Compact Stand, FD-9 Hi-hat Control Pedal
- Manufacturer Part Number:TD-17KV-S